Sticky Any Post

Sticky Any Post [Paid] 1.2.7

No permission to buy ($20.00)
hi @Liam W

just noticed this... when a whole forum has all threads set to 'always sticky first post' -->

fVZuT.png

you can't turn off the setting for any of the forum's threads... any fix on this? thanks!

hi @Liam W

just noticed this... when a whole forum has all threads set to 'always sticky first post' -->

fVZuT.png

you can't turn off the setting for any of the forum's threads... any fix on this? thanks!

That's really as designed - by definition, all threads have the first post stickied.

I'll add it as a permission to override it (and I'll fix that phrase).

Liam

I tried to purchase this from your website. Where's the checkout button?

After registering, you should see the 'Add to Cart' button on the sidebar. You can then click the 'View and Checkout' link on the cart widget, then complete the purchase by clicking one of the buttons.

Liam

You're really making me work for this. This is what I see after clicking Add To Cart:

snap.webp

Clicking Add To Cart again, whether or not the box is checked, leads nowhere. There is no View and Checkout link.

There will be, on the sidebar:

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 18.39.40.webp

It's under the popular products widget.

However, you appear to have a bad connection there - the CDN isn't being loaded (https://kcdn.xf-liam.com).

Other people have been able to purchase products recently without issue :)

Liam

You will see 403 if you access it directly, referrer protection is enabled.

Check the console..

Liam

Hello @Liam W , this works great. (y)

However, regarding the "Sticky First Post" option:
screen-shot-2014-11-05-at-17-49-28-png.88259

It seems to have no effect when I do it at a category level, only works per node level.

I would like to enable it for all my forum nodes, but doing it one by one could be a slight hassle. Any chance of updating this to allow it to work at category level?

Just I bought this addon and I am terribly disappointed. (n)
My fault, I didn't read the detailed description. :(
This is absolutely not custom addon, I can not choose some posts or topics, it's works only for all topics in a category and only for first post in a topic.
Shock. :eek:
I have a forum from 2009 (not xenforo) and I have a check box to attach any post in a topic for sticky.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to remove/add (edit) the stickied first post.

I've triple checked user/group permissions - no joy.

I option appears when I create a new thread, but I can't disable the feature or add it to an existing thread. Any ideas?

Hi, Liam, I'm getting the following error when I attempt to update the thread cache:

Server Error
Argument 1 passed to LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_Model_Forum::stickyFirstPostLocked() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/username/public_html/xf/library/LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 22 and defined

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/Model/Forum.php at line 22
  2. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_Model_Forum->stickyFirstPostLocked() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line22
  3. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 317
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave() in/home/askme/public_html/xf/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1443380214.php at line 1446
  5. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in CMF/Core/DataWriter/Abstract.php at line 124
  6. CMF_Core_DataWriter_Abstract->preSave() in /home/askme/public_html/xf/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1443380214.phpat line 1385
  7. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Deferred/Thread.php at line 46
  8. XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  9. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/askme/public_html/xf/admin.php at line 13
Can you help me resolve this?
Thanks.

Xon updated Sticky First Post with a new update entry:

Now under new management

I've taken over this add-on from @Liam W, and it's now available on my site, Atelier Aphelion, for purchase and download. All future versions will be there, as well.

For new purchases, the price has been effectively raised to $10 USD from 5 GBP. This update just changes the URL, and has no functional change.

Licencing will be carried over once some backend work is done, and will follow the same licence claim process as xenmods add-ons.

To improve support, the requirements for this add-on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xon, any advice on resolving the issue mentioned in my previous post?
What version do you have installed?

I'm still in the process of sorting out the licence transfer setup, and I'm not sure if @Liam W release 1.0.8.1 on XF or just his site.

This is an add-on compatibility issue which makes some assumptions when the thread is created. Something is creating a thread without attaching the expected forum metadata to the thread object (posting to a non-existent forum?).

This technically is valid, but will cause some add-ons to fail and even stock XenForo functionality to not work as expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom