Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
SSH to your server and type curl-config --ca
If it's working correctly you should see a path appear below.
Code:
$ curl-config --ca
/usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

Mine doesn't show any path so....
Well well well, looks like we had same problems. curl-config --ca returns empty. What OS do you use?

ubuntu. My host just installed a new CA certificate into my dedicated server box and now this happened. They are looking into it.

Hi,
For my theme I've decided to replace the Steam button colour and made 2 files of the button (otherwise it just didn't fit in the style).
I've replaced the one file that it used for the sidebar registration and it works perfectly, though I have a question. Is it possible to configure it to use another file (which has a different colour) when the button is hovered? This way my Steam button would have the same colour as the normal registration button when hovered and not.

Another thing,
I've decided to add a user group promotion to move a user who has steam associated to another group. I chose "Apply this promotion while ..." -> "Steam Integration:" "Steam state is:" "Associated".

When the users appear on the website they are added to the other group I've chosen, that's all good ... but ... after some time they simply disappear from it, it's like the promotion is discarded for some reason.

Hi,
For my theme I've decided to replace the Steam button colour and made 2 files of the button (otherwise it just didn't fit in the style).
I've replaced the one file that it used for the sidebar registration and it works perfectly, though I have a question. Is it possible to configure it to use another file (which has a different colour) when the button is hovered? This way my Steam button would have the same colour as the normal registration button when hovered and not.

I assume you're talking about swaping an image on hover? You could use CSS or something: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15468037/basic-css-hover-image-swap

I can't get too involved in assisting in custom template editing though due to time constraints, I try to support the addon as stock.

Another thing,
I've decided to add a user group promotion to move a user who has steam associated to another group. I chose "Apply this promotion while ..." -> "Steam Integration:" "Steam state is:" "Associated".

When the users appear on the website they are added to the other group I've chosen, that's all good ... but ... after some time they simply disappear from it, it's like the promotion is discarded for some reason.

I had some discussion on this previously, see if anything helps you out: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-42#post-849679

Last edited:
Sorry for noob question. I installed it and it works great, but now my forum index says "powered by steam" next to the contact us button on the footer. How do I remove it? I checked in the footer section of the APC but no joy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Sorry, ok, read through a few dozen pages of the thread, the Steampowered thing is part of the t&c, got it. Thing is, it's absurd, so I'm uninstalling the addon. Good job though, I realize this is beyond control of the dev.

Last edited:
I would try this on a test board if you can, but here's my dev test of it back in September running XenForo 1.4.1. It's been working and the test user has never been demoted since:

Promotion Options:

5btQfam.png

Apply This Promotion While...

Avo26lO.png

Promotion history as proof:

JrYpQNJ.png

I can manually run the cron and everything works, the user is offline and doesn't get demoted. I even removed the add this user to registered users checkbox, saved it, and manually ran the cron again. Still works, no demotions.

I also rebuilt the User Group promotions and manually ran the cron again. My test user is still apart of the "Steam Yay!" group as well as the registered group.
Selected exactly what you have there, still they get unpromoted. :(

Since 1.48 it doenst show up in the login drop down anymore but it shows up if you enter false Login crendetials or if you activate showing it next to the singup button for guests ?

https://allaround.cc

how can i fix it ?

Selected exactly what you have there, still they get unpromoted. :(

I'm not exactly sure why that's happening. I've tested it on my development board and I cannot replicate the issue. Do the users get restored after they log back into the forums?

Since 1.48 it doenst show up in the login drop down anymore but it shows up if you enter false Login crendetials or if you activate showing it next to the singup button for guests ?

https://allaround.cc

how can i fix it ?

It might be an issue with your template. Stock XenForo/non-edited templates work okay:

cQHRSeh.png

To fix it, you can manually input the steam template hook into the login_bar

<xen:include template="steam_login_bar" />

Last edited:
hm seems s.th. is broke becasue it doesnt matter where i add it in login_bar it always apperas at the top of the page ifen it the drop down istn dropped down :/

Last edited:
hm seems s.th. is broke becasue it doesnt matter where i add it in login_bar it always apperas at the top of the page ifen it the drop down istn dropped down :/

My apologies, the template is: login_bar_form

The two snippits of code I have are as follows:
Code:
<xen:include template="steam_login_bar" />

Which goes under
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.googleClientId}">
<xen:require css="google.css" />
<li><span class="googleLogin GoogleLogin JsOnly" tabindex="110" data-client-id="{$xenOptions.googleClientId}" data-redirect-url="{xen:link register/google, '', 'code=__CODE__', 'csrf={$session.sessionCsrf}'}"><span>{xen:phrase login_with_google}</span></span></li>
</xen:if>

and

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.steamAPIKey}"><xen:set var="$eAuth">1</xen:set></xen:if>

Which goes under
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.googleClientId}"><xen:set var="$eAuth">1</xen:set></xen:if>

Does the powered by steam have to be there?

Steam Community :: Steam Web API Documentation

Valve Brand and Links
Each page that uses the Steam Web API must contain a link to Welcome to Steam with the text "Powered by Steam". We suggest that you put this link in your footer so it is out of the way but still visible to interested users.

I limit the footer as much as possible. It should only show if the Steam API is actively being used. Technically, I could remove it from the index page, but that's a toss up because steam login buttons exist on that page.

In light of XF 1.5's two-step verification, could you add an option to be required to use XF's two-step verification after you login using steam (if they have it activated)? Maybe a user-set option under two-step verification options?

In light of XF 1.5's two-step verification, could you add an option to be required to use XF's two-step verification after you login using steam (if they have it activated)? Maybe a user-set option under two-step verification options?

I'll see what needs to be done. I would think that two-factor auth is separate from the social networking logins though. The Steam login should be the substitute for the username/password and if two factor auth is enabled, it should continue to that next step. I'll know more about the changes when I get a chance to test SteamAuth against XenForo 1.5's beta to see what got broken (if anything at all).

I'll see what needs to be done. I would think that two-factor auth is separate from the social networking logins though. The Steam login should be the substitute for the username/password and if two factor auth is enabled, it should continue to that next step. I'll know more about the changes when I get a chance to test SteamAuth against XenForo 1.5's beta to see what got broken (if anything at all).
I did test it yesterday. When you login using your regular login, you are prompted for two-step verification. If you login through steam, you are not.

Top Bottom