Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
What I was thinking is it'd be nice on the user list to have their little steam profile box next to their avatar and have the option to sort by online & in-game, online and offline. Unsure how easy/hard this would be to do.

Also wouldn't mind a widget for the widget framework showing the same too.

Don't ask for much me :p.

Hey HowIChrgeLazer

Is this still planned for any future updates?
Would be amazing to see who is currently online in steam - don´t care if in a widget or as a list in the steam statistics page.

Regards,

Hello Everyone,

I installed this and is all working fine minor one small thing. There is no front end view nor a menu popping up to show statistics on my forum when it is enabled in the back end...any advice on how to resolve this... I amusing xenforo 1.4.5, fresh install and only using xenporta 2 and this addon currently

Love this mod. Works fine. Just one quick request re: display. I'm very new to using XF so not brilliant around the templates.

I have the steam block showing in post. Is there away to text wrap rather than have the empty space beneath it?

View attachment 98148

I believe I tried this before and the text would spill behind it instead. If you want to give it try yourself, it's the following template: steam_profile_message. The div is currently set as a float.

If you find a better solution I'd be happy to implement it. I can take a look at this in the future myself, but it's lower on my priority list at the current moment.

Hey HowIChrgeLazer

Is this still planned for any future updates?
Would be amazing to see who is currently online in steam - don´t care if in a widget or as a list in the steam statistics page.

Regards,

Haven't thought too much about this yet, been busy the last month or two. I'd like to finish an update I was attempting to code months ago that I have partial code for. It will sort out the steam games list on the Steam ACP tab making it searchable so an admin can see the GameIDs for help in filtering games out. I'd also like to extend the steam stats functionality so you can click on individual users. Or something else that will add a bit more depth.

Hello Everyone,

I installed this and is all working fine minor one small thing. There is no front end view nor a menu popping up to show statistics on my forum when it is enabled in the back end...any advice on how to resolve this... I amusing xenforo 1.4.5, fresh install and only using xenporta 2 and this addon currently

Make sure that your user group permissions are set correctly and that the steam tab is enabled in the steam authentication options. Please refer to section 5 on the readme (front page of the addon) for more information.

Something isn't right...

Are you sure you're not getting any errors at all in either XenForo or in the site logs? You shouldn't need to disable the firewall, it's all web traffic (80/443).

What version of XenForo are you running? Have you tried deleting the root/js/steam folder and re-uploading it? What version of Steam Auth version are you on?

I'm using NGINX on my box and am not running into any problems.
I have a question. Maybe I need another php module?

mine are:
Code:
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
intl
json
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
zip
zlib

Slight problem. I have installed this and I can register an account via http://dreadnoughtforums.com/register/steam?reg=1, and the stats all work so API is all set up correctly. However, the option to choose steam signup doesn't appear in my sidebar visitor panel. Any suggestions?

EDIT: But it does appear if I click Log in or Sign up drop-down tab...

I have a question. Maybe I need another php module?

mine are:
Code:
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
intl
json
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
zip
zlib

You have the modules you need... I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but without any errors in your logs I don't even know where to start. I wonder if you have another javascript breaking the steam one?

Slight problem. I have installed this and I can register an account via http://dreadnoughtforums.com/register/steam?reg=1, and the stats all work so API is all set up correctly. However, the option to choose steam signup doesn't appear in my sidebar visitor panel. Any suggestions?

EDIT: But it does appear if I click Log in or Sign up drop-down tab...

Did you enable it in the options? Does it show up on the default template?

Is it possible for this to be the only means of registration on a site? I'd like to force users to sign up via steam instead of the other methods that come with xenforo.

Hello there, i keep having the trophies for this addon like steam is linked, however the trophies are not gaven!

Why do i need to rebuild the whole forum trophy cache so the steam trophies get awarded for several users? D:

"Error during authentication. Please try again." - Appears after login via Steam.

No System Error Logged.

XenForo Version: 1.4.5
Apache Version: 2.2
PHP Version: 5.5
cURL and BCMath enabled.

Last edited:
Is it possible for this to be the only means of registration on a site? I'd like to force users to sign up via steam instead of the other methods that come with xenforo.

Not without custom edits unfortunately. I know a couple have sites have done it, but I have not done it myself.

Yes, it appears on the default. Style. Are you able to assist with getting it to appear on my style?

I am not able to support 3rd party templates with the limited free time I have. In a future update I'll probably have it fall back on the old hook system even though it's been deprecated. You can manually add the steam templates into your style, but I would only recommend doing so if you're comfortable with editing styles and understand that changes will be reverted or cause issues during template updates.

Hello there, i keep having the trophies for this addon like steam is linked, however the trophies are not gaven!

Why do i need to rebuild the whole forum trophy cache so the steam trophies get awarded for several users? D:

This is a known issue and I'm not exactly sure why it doesn't always update. I have been looking to see if there is a better way to implement it. I've seen other reports on the forums of other things also not updating with the trophy cron, not just this addon.

"Error during authentication. Please try again." - Appears after login via Steam.

No System Error Logged.

XenForo Version: 1.4.5
Apache Version: 2.2
PHP Version: 5.5
cURL and BCMath enabled.

Is your API key correct? Do you have PHP cache enabled? I recall a user before running XenForo on NFO Web Hosting and APC was mucking things up.

Oh boy today the steam addon derped out on me, 2 different server errors (by the same user, the first server error happened twice):

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:410
Generated By: AlexKnowsBetter, Today at 5:40 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(410): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/www/html/l...', 410, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://.com/register/steam/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["associate_login"] => string(15) "AlexKnowsBetter"
    ["force_assoc"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["associate"] => string(17) "Associate Account"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(48) "http://.com/account/external-accounts"
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:410
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(410): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/var/www/html/l...', 410, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}

Oh boy today the steam addon derped out on me, 2 different server errors (by the same user, the first server error happened twice):

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:410
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(410): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/www/html/l...', 410, Array)
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}

Code:
array(3) {
}

The URL is empty so it broke the redirect. Is this happening for all users or just that one when associating accounts?

That one, it happens time to time, it's odd.

I can't duplicate the issue. I haven't heard reports from anyone else yet either. I'm starting to wonder if it's something with the way your webserver handles that OpenID redirect. If it's something on my end I can fix, I'm more than happy to look at it. But right now I'm at a loss as to why it's happening at random for you.

Would you happen to have a few examples of this?

I am looking to achieve this myself and I'd love to see how others have done it.

I think some steam trading site or DOTA2 site did it earlier in this thread. Can't remember which page it was on.

I was wondering if you could explain where:

xf_user_external_auth
provider varbinary(25)
provider_key varbinary(150)

are generated in the code? We are trying to build an offsite signup system that generates these, but I couldn't find any hint of either variable in the github repo. Is this a part of xenforo or is this something the addon generates?

That is generated by the XenForo registration. Those values are populated with "steam" and the user's SteamID64, however the BLOB in the rows are done by the XenForo registration system.

Top Bottom