Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Yep, should be built in callbacks to get SteamIDs. I've made custom access pages and donation pages built off XenForo logins.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-41#post-835669

Let me know if this helps.
That definitely helps for the templates. But one of the things I wanted to try was having something loaded into their custom user fields. So is there a built in PHP callback within Xenforo, rather than a helper? Sorry if I'm missing something.

So, currently it looks like this: I want it in the format that is like 76561197960287930
3b4b5bd2c74c489ea830639a52bdf25c.png

Could you please help me with this ? It seems you have passed over it @HowIChrgeLazer
Or if its easier how can I put the 64bit ID in a user custom field?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'll be able to look over these posts in a day or so and answer any questions. Sorry, I've been busy with work and other things that have come up as of late.

@Eoj Nawoh I appreciate the time you are taking to help people out in my absence.

Decimal (thousand) separators would be a neat addition to the "Top Played Games" list. Also, using UI.X, the steam pages css is broken.

Alright, thanks for your reply :)
Will this add-on always be free? Would gladly pay for it to support you and the development!

I appreciate the support. I want to maintain this addon as a free addon. It's a hobby of mine and I don't really feel right in asking for donations.

Okay so...

Either something isn't passing properly, or that user has no games on steam. I uploaded a Criteria.php to this post. Please replace library/Steam/Helper/Criteria.php with this file and let me know if it helps with the errors. Please clear your error log before testing.

That definitely helps for the templates. But one of the things I wanted to try was having something loaded into their custom user fields. So is there a built in PHP callback within Xenforo, rather than a helper? Sorry if I'm missing something.

Ah I see. No, nothing is setup for that right now unfortunately. What are you attempting to do with this steam id in a customer user field? Perhaps I can think of an alternate solution.

Could you please help me with this ? It seems you have passed over it @HowIChrgeLazer
Or if its easier how can I put the 64bit ID in a user custom field?

See above response to @Eoj Nawoh. If you can let me know what you're attempting to accomplish, I might be able to help you out. The steam IDs are stored in the auth DB as SteamID 64 already. What you see on that admin page is just a transformation of that data. Are you trying to link somebody's profile under their user page/post or something?

Decimal (thousand) separators would be a neat addition to the "Top Played Games" list. Also, using UI.X, the steam pages css is broken.

I can look into that, good suggestion.

As for UI.X, sounds like one of their css files (or javascript) is overriding Steam. Or the template regex isn't matching to their theme. Unfortunately there's not much I can do with that until I know for sure what's causing the conflict. I would contact the developer and notify them of the issue. It's a paid addon, so I can't view how things are coded easily from my end. If they have any questions for me, I'd be happy to assist.

Attachments

anyone having problems with the cron not running correctly?
I will get an "internal server error" but got no error logs in xenforo, is this maybe a restriction from our host? That the cron takes too long to run or something?

All new Users seem to get updated but old members not. It seems the steam data is getting fetched when they register but not after the cron was running.
We have groups for each game and only new members will get them when they own the game. Maybe the size of our board is the problem? We got over 1500 people registered with steam.

Will see if i can get any error logs from cpanel but maybe you guys know already what the problem is :)

anyone having problems with the cron not running correctly?
I will get an "internal server error" but got no error logs in xenforo, is this maybe a restriction from our host? That the cron takes too long to run or something?

All new Users seem to get updated but old members not. It seems the steam data is getting fetched when they register but not after the cron was running.
We have groups for each game and only new members will get them when they own the game. Maybe the size of our board is the problem? We got over 1500 people registered with steam.

Will see if i can get any error logs from cpanel but maybe you guys know already what the problem is :)

I have not heard of this issue being reported yet for other larger forms. If you can get a log that would be the most helpful, otherwise I won't be able to assist. Performance wise I would recommend making sure cURL can be used on your host. Pulling data falling back on the allow_url_fopen setting could cause timeouts like you're seeing.

If I had to guess it sounds like the script is timing out before it runs through all your users (regardless of the method above). Without additional information my thought is that it is a php.ini setting regarding script timeouts. That or the steam community was unreachable at certain times during the cron update. But if it's consistent in not updating, I lean towards the script execution time. This is working under the assumption cURL is enabled on your host.

Is there any chance you could add a requirement for game time?
So we could specify along with the game also the total game time and recent game time.
I asked some coders and they want min 200€ for such an addition :D

and btw i still didn't fixed the cron timeout issue, the maximum execution time was increased from 30 to 300 but it still gives an error :D
it's not that bad since people still get fetched when there is changes made to their account it seems.

Is there a way that i can redirect someone after registration? If people sign-up regularly with email, I have the page redirect to a different application page. Through this addon, it just brings them to the main page. Any help would be awesome, thanks!!

Hey guys, once again sorry for the delay. Real life has been a whirlwind for me recently.

Is there any chance you could add a requirement for game time?
So we could specify along with the game also the total game time and recent game time.
I asked some coders and they want min 200€ for such an addition :D

and btw i still didn't fixed the cron timeout issue, the maximum execution time was increased from 30 to 300 but it still gives an error :D
it's not that bad since people still get fetched when there is changes made to their account it seems.

Hmmm, I suppose that could be added as a criteria for user groups. Not a bad request at all. I'll put that on my radar.

As for the cron problems. Huh, can't say for certain. Then again my test box only has handful of users, I haven't hear the same problems from other larger forums. No errors, correct?

Wanting to use the Steam ID as part of badges, and links. Something like www.sitehere.com/{STEAMID} all through the custom user fields.

If I'm understanding this correctly

So depending on where you're putting this on forums, you can accomplish this with the current helpers. I believe somebody did this with backpack links earlier in the thread.

In your template you can do something like this: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-17#post-635995

Unless of course you need it in the custom user field for a specific reason. Then at that point, I'm not sure if that's possible with how this addon works. The old method previous to this addon did store the steam id in a customer user field. But that was ages ago unfortunately.

Is there a way that i can redirect someone after registration? If people sign-up regularly with email, I have the page redirect to a different application page. Through this addon, it just brings them to the main page. Any help would be awesome, thanks!!

Unfortunately this uses the same method as other XenForo External Authentication methods use. As far as I know I don't think I can change that process.

Any news on this???

As above, this is normal behavior for External Authentication when the service doesn't have an e-mail address to provide XenForo as far as I know.

------

Hey @Earth2Luke - Did the custom code resolve your issue?

Last edited:
Hey guys, once again sorry for the delay. Real life has been a whirlwind for me recently.

Hmmm, I suppose that could be added as a criteria for user groups. Not a bad request at all. I'll put that on my radar.

As for the cron problems. Huh, can't say for certain. Then again my test box only has handful of users, I haven't hear the same problems from other larger forums. No errors, correct?

That would be amazing and push this addon to the next lvl. I mean there would be another thing i thought about.
The admin panel got a lot of things to display. Maybe that could be put into a template for the normal forum user to see.
Like the game specific page, where the total hours of that game combined are visible plus the users that own the game.
When we could choose a game or more to display on the steam tab in the forum that would be gold :)

I'm having these problems, too, with around 20k members having their steam account connected.

Fetching those steam details deferred (or in chunks of, let's say 100) would be a fix for that.

I'm having these problems, too, with around 20k members having their steam account connected.

Fetching those steam details deferred (or in chunks of, let's say 100) would be a fix for that.

Hmmm. Interesting, Thanks for the report. I'll check it out and see what's up.

Hey @HowIChrgeLazer, is there any Conditional Statements for this plugin? Like if I want only users who have their steam account linked to see certain content etc?

You should be able to use criteria and user groups to achieve that.

You should be able to use criteria and user groups to achieve that.
I don't want to have to create an additional user group that only serves as a purpose of having people in the group who have their steam account linked. It's unnecessary.

Would be much simpler if there was a conditional statement. The template I am editing is a template from another addon. Certain content in this template I only want people who have their steam account linked to being able to see!

Top Bottom