Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Two Questions/Suggestions:

Any chance we could get the Login with Steam logo to fit the size of the other login options (see screenshot 1 & 2)
upload_2017-3-9_13-1-47.webp
upload_2017-3-9_13-1-55.webp

2. Would it be possible to feature a Steam group as the communities official steam group? Maybe have a prompt asking them if they wish to join the group?

Other than that,
Great Plugin!

I've tried everything...
And I still get this error.
Help!

56fe83f7994681b2634acfbbc9514b7e.png

implode(): Invalid arguments passed

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
implode() in Steam/Helper/Criteria.php at line 63
Steam_Helper_Criteria::criteriaUser()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Helper/Criteria.php at line 413
XenForo_Helper_Criteria::userMatchesCriteria() in XenForo/Model/Trophy.php at line 303
XenForo_Model_Trophy->updateTrophiesForUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 89
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_executeTrophyUpdate() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 17
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 310
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/65/10946065/html/e2l-forums/index.php at line 13

Trying ONE MORE thing before I submit.

Last edited:
I've tried everything...
And I still get this error.
Help!

56fe83f7994681b2634acfbbc9514b7e.png

implode(): Invalid arguments passed

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
implode() in Steam/Helper/Criteria.php at line 63
Steam_Helper_Criteria::criteriaUser()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Helper/Criteria.php at line 413
XenForo_Helper_Criteria::userMatchesCriteria() in XenForo/Model/Trophy.php at line 303
XenForo_Model_Trophy->updateTrophiesForUser() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 89
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_executeTrophyUpdate() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php at line 17
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract->_preDispatchType() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 310
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/65/10946065/html/e2l-forums/index.php at line 13

Trying ONE MORE thing before I submit.

Yeah, so this is still happening to me

Any chance we could get the Login with Steam logo to fit the size of the other login options (see screenshot 1 & 2)

2. Would it be possible to feature a Steam group as the communities official steam group? Maybe have a prompt asking them if they wish to join the group?

Other than that,
Great Plugin!

Yea the plug in is extremely well done but you can't use the branded steam login button because it offsets from the others, so you're stuck using the small one to keep consistency and some starting data that could be pulled or communities attached would rock....

Is this still in development? It is worth donating into.

Something is not working correctly for me.
Not sure what it is though, anyone got any clue?
Have anyone else had this problem? Trying to search for a solution but can't find any :(

Edit:
It works on the normal theme, but not on the custom (Razer Blade).

Last edited:
Hi HowlChrgeLazer - Thanks for the excellent add-on for Xenforo! Even being a newbie here, it was easy to install and will be a great addition to the community. I did have a question and I apologize in advance if I perhaps did not read far enough into the discussion thread for an existing answer - but I was just curious if I leave the "include games" field empty under Options->Steam for setup will that simply display ALL games the user plays or nothing at all? Is there a best practice, or more sensible one, for that field?

Thanks!

Jason

Correct, leaving both fields blank allows all games to be displayed.

Include: Only shows game data of the provided app ids
Exclude: Show game data for all games except for the provided app ids

Include takes precedence over Exclude if both forms have input in them. If they are both empty, no games are filtered.

I had a question how can i put the steam box under the user message box, under the likes received, here's a pic of what im talking about. http://i.imgur.com/WYerkdr.png

You will have to manually edit your theme template to do that. The include for the SteamProfile banner is:

Code:
<xen:include template="steam_profile_message_info" />

Other than that,
Great Plugin!

For item 1, I cannot support it as the custom banner is only there for people who want to use it. Not using the proper steam images is a violation of the Steam API ToS.

For item 2, How are you expecting a group to be implemented/displayed on the forum? Not sure what you envision, just wanting to understand a bit better to see if it's possible.

Yeah, so this is still happening to me

216f1672930ba88714f581d773bb2bd5.png

This plugin is no longer supported... it says.

This plugin is supported, but I can't explain why you are having these issues. I can't replicate it. Everything is working correctly on my test servers. Which versions of XenForo and SteamAuth are you using? If I'm seeing that error line correctly, it almost sounds to me like the SQL table is missing/broken when it comes to the addon data.

Have anyone else had this problem? Trying to search for a solution but can't find any :(

Edit:
It works on the normal theme, but not on the custom (Razer Blade).

I cannot support custom themes that don't follow the normal XenForo layout unfortunately. They all have different ways to implementing code. It looks to me like the javacript isn't being included in your theme. Or is being overridden by something the theme includes. I can't say for certain.

Last edited:
I cannot support custom themes that don't follow the normal XenForo layout unfortunately. They all have different ways to implementing code. It looks to me like the javacript isn't being included in your theme. Or is being overridden by something the theme includes. I can't say for certain.
Alright, thanks for your reply :)
Will this add-on always be free? Would gladly pay for it to support you and the development!

This plugin is supported, but I can't explain why you are having these issues. I can't replicate it. Everything is working correctly on my test servers. Which versions of XenForo and SteamAuth are you using? If I'm seeing that error line correctly, it almost sounds to me like the SQL table is missing/broken when it comes to the addon data.

It only appears when I first open up my browser to the site. It happens for a few other people as well. I'm running the most recent stable version on Xenforo, Currently upgrading to 1.5.13 actually. And I was using the most recent version of SteamAuth. If the SQL table is missing/broken for the addon's data, how would I go about repairing this?

SOLVED!! I figured it out. I dropped hidden private check for the forum and drove everything through user group permissions.

Hello!
I'm trying to get people that have installed a specific steam game to have access to a private forum.
My thinking is the registered user would sign up with their steam account and if they have 'x' game in their steam library they'd receive a promotion into the Alpha user group that would gain them access into the Private forum.
So far my test user is promoted but they cannot see the Private forum.
I feel like I'm so close but have no idea why the access to the forum isn't working.

Thanks again for a great add-on!
Brian

Last edited:
If only it were that easy

I tried that, and that removed the option for registration completely, which is not what I intended. I want people to be able to register only through Steam, so that every account has a linked Steam account.
Unfortunately, you are correct, that doesn't work. I also wanted to do this method, but realized it would involve either: 1) Hiding the other registration buttons (technically people could get around this), or 2) Modify XF core files. -- If I am incorrect, please someone correct me.

What I've done in the meantime, is keep registration open, especially just incase non-Steam users want to be part of my website. But I've also made it so that way to see parts of my website you must be a Steam user, you can consider trying that if you'd like.

Top Bottom