Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:672
and
ErrorException: Undefined variable: games - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:387

Are the errors I am currently getting. Can anyone help me resolve these?

How can you resize the Display alternative login bar for Steam icon?

You could make changes to the template itself for the login bar, or replace the image with one of your choosing.

Where is this icon. This is the default icon when trying to register and it displays for the first time. Unable to locate it.

Okay.... sorry for the delay, time to catch up.

@HowIChrgeLazer I think I asked this at one point, but is there a specific PHP callback or way to access their Steam ID for instance? I'd like to be able to have a custom user ID that auto pulls their Steam ID for part of the code.

Yep, should be built in callbacks to get SteamIDs. I've made custom access pages and donation pages built off XenForo logins.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-41#post-835669

Let me know if this helps.

How can I see all the linked steam accounts on my admin panel? Or the number of them

It's under the Steam tab in the ACP. A list of SteamIDs are located there.

ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:672
and
ErrorException: Undefined variable: games - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:387

Are the errors I am currently getting. Can anyone help me resolve these?

Can't say I know what's going on here, are all the files uploaded correctly and the addon up-to-date. Are you also using the correct version of XenForo?

How can you resize the Display alternative login bar for Steam icon?

Where is this icon. This is the default icon when trying to register and it displays for the first time. Unable to locate it.

If I remember correctly, the icon you're looking for is styles/default/steamauth/steam-icon.png

How can I change the STEAM ID type? I would prefer to use the steam 64 bit UID.

There's built in callbacks to get any format of SteamID you need. However, the SteamID64 is what is used by default. The following post explains how to get that value in STEAM_ format and SteamID3 format (Ex. DOTA 2)

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-41#post-835669

@HowIChrgeLazer
Update: When users try to register via Steam, it shows up with a server error, creates an account but it cannot be used to login later because the steam account is not linked.

Also: Decimal (thousand) separators would be a neat addition to the "Top Played Games" list.

Anything that could help? :)

@SeToY Is that when any user tries to auth with steam or just at certain times?

Also, do you have any accompanying error logs?
It's when the user tries to register an account with steam. 100% of the times a new user registers with steam, it registers an "half-complete" account that cannot be used to log-in with either steam or "regularly", because no password has been defined. Leads to quite a few support incidents.

Funny thing is, I reset their password so they can log-in regularly (using their e-mail and PW) and no steam account is connected to their account.

A bunch of times, this is accompanied by the following error
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0: - library\Zend\Http\Client\Adapter\Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 02:43

It's when the user tries to register an account with steam. 100% of the times a new user registers with steam, it registers an "half-complete" account that cannot be used to log-in with either steam or "regularly", because no password has been defined. Leads to quite a few support incidents.

Funny thing is, I reset their password so they can log-in regularly (using their e-mail and PW) and no steam account is connected to their account.

A bunch of times, this is accompanied by the following error
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0: - library\Zend\Http\Client\Adapter\Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 02:43

This is a server configuration problem. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-60#post-1064719

I can't guarantee the above fixes it, but if anything I would contact your hosting provider. If you self-host or run your own box, you'll have to do a bit of research.

Sorry but I do not quite understand which template I need to edit to change so it is the steamid64 bit.

So at default, the addon is using SteamID64, which part are you trying to change exactly?

So at default, the addon is using SteamID64, which part are you trying to change exactly?
So, currently it looks like this: I want it in the format that is like 76561197960287930
3b4b5bd2c74c489ea830639a52bdf25c.png

Hmm. The Steam profile banner doens't show up in the postbit? Using UI.X theme, anyone else using this theme found a work around? Or anyone in general?
@SirTurtle and @InsertUserNameHere

You'll want to edit your message_user_info template, and add in "<xen:include template="steam_profile_message_info" />" (no quotes).

See mine below:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="extraUserInfo {$extraCollapseStateClass}">
            <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:include template="steam_profile_message_info" />
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_extra" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
                <xen:if is="{xen:property messageShowRegisterDate} AND {$user.user_id}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>
                        <dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>
                    </dl>

Hi HowlChrgeLazer - Thanks for the excellent add-on for Xenforo! Even being a newbie here, it was easy to install and will be a great addition to the community. I did have a question and I apologize in advance if I perhaps did not read far enough into the discussion thread for an existing answer - but I was just curious if I leave the "include games" field empty under Options->Steam for setup will that simply display ALL games the user plays or nothing at all? Is there a best practice, or more sensible one, for that field?

Thanks!

Jason

Top Bottom