Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
@HowIChrgeLazer is there an easy way to have steam login on front page With Facebook and Twitter as well? And not only when pressing login button.
Guess there is some template to be changed or something?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into them when I can.

Good catch. This must have happened recently. In the next update I'll remove the footer template modification.

All required images for the addon have been packaged in the styles\default\steamauth directory and are referenced as such by the addon. The image path for the sign in buttons should not be pointing to forum/images/misc/steam. When you update your add-on files, are you running the included addon-Steam.xml update as well in the ACP?
Yeah, I followed your process of uploading files, then uploading and overwriting the XML. My admin cp currently says its 1.6.3.

Edit: Ehhh... Found the problem. Apparently one of my other admins wrote a mod to require people who wish to donate to have their account linked with Steam, and for some reason, was forcing the old images.

Last edited:
@HowIChrgeLazer is there an easy way to have steam login on front page With Facebook and Twitter as well? And not only when pressing login button.
Guess there is some template to be changed or something?

It could be the regex isn't matching your custom template or the option isn't enabled in the add-ons settings in the ACP. The quickest way to check this is if it displays on the default template or not.

You could manually insert the template into your template's code if it's missing, but enabled in the settings.

How can you resize the Display alternative login bar for Steam icon?

You could make changes to the template itself for the login bar, or replace the image with one of your choosing.

Hi!
A little off topic.
Can we get a list of DLC specific game user?

I don't believe DLC is apart of the Steam API for game fetching.

For example when I look at the game schema for Big Pharma's DLC based on its AppID, I get this:
Code:
{
   "game": {

}
}
but the actual games pulls a wealth of info:

Code:
{
   "game": {
       "gameName": "Big Pharma",
       "gameVersion": "4",
       "availableGameStats": {
           "achievements": [

As far as I can see from my quick checks of the current API documentation, nothing identifies Apps as DLC. So it may not be possible at this time.

------------------

As an overall note. The two major features I'd like to get out at some point are:
  • The possibility of flagging Steam Bans (the API exists for this now) and using them as a criteria filter
  • Removal of the Powered By... setting in the footer
Development of the addon is kinda slow at the moment. My job and training has me running all over. I'd like to sit back down and push out another update when I get some time.

I have also had requests to include achievements into the code. I am still brainstorming an elegant solution to this. One that won't bombard the SteamAPI on large forums.

I do get notifications via e-mail if people have questions and post in this topic or @ mention me, so I will come on here and respond when I can for any questions that pertain to the addon. Apologies in advance if I seem to be slow in response.

EDIT: Removal of the powered by steam footer is up in the dev branch on GitHub for testing.

Last edited:
It could be the regex isn't matching your custom template or the option isn't enabled in the add-ons settings in the ACP. The quickest way to check this is if it displays on the default template or not.

You could manually insert the template into your template's code if it's missing, but enabled in the settings.

@HowIChrgeLazer
Steam Profiles not showing even thoe i have the settings ticked.
b63c0931cfd04b419698e3cd6934405d.png

I have serious problem with the plugin, it fails when people try to use steam to register:

Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0: - library\Zend\Http\Client\Adapter\Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\library\Zend\Http\Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('steamcdn-a.akam...', 443, true)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\library\Steam\ControllerPublic\Register.php(500): Zend_Http_Client->request('GET')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.brainz.online/index.php?register/steam/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["register/steam/register"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["username"] => string(10) "mastoras65"
    ["email"] => string(17) "xuyuz@top1mail.ru"
    ["timezone"] => string(13) "Europe/Athens"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "0"
    ["dob_day"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_year"] => string(0) ""
    ["gender"] => string(0) ""
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
    ["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(34) "http://www.brainz.online/index.php"
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
  }

Server is xampp in a windows 2012 server machine. Tried everything, nothing works...

I've downloaded and installed it. I've also run the cron manually.

My associated steam account says "Unknown Steam Account" and the "Most Active Steam Users" page is empty.

Edit: Had something to do with the HTTPS settings I've set.

- However I've noticed that in my Audentio themes the steam status is not shown in messages.
- And where can I find the phrases to translate the profile info?
upload_2016-12-16_15-57-7.webp
- I'm, too, getting the steam api error mentioned below on occasion. It'd be nice if this would not crash as a server error but rather be handled gracefully:
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0: - library\Zend\Http\Client\Adapter\Socket.php:235
- It seems that user registering via Steam have not their "external account" show up in the admin cp. I currently cannot test if it is connected at all, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Update: When users try to register via Steam, it shows up with a server error, creates an account but it cannot be used to login later because the steam account is not linked.

Also: Decimal (thousand) separators would be a neat addition to the "Top Played Games" list.

@HowIChrgeLazer understand you're busy, but any chance you might add a little extra?
what i'd like is to have a section that shows who owns what games.
This way, when you're looking to parter up or see if others in the community own the game (if you're really into playing multiplayer) you could look at who has the game directly from the site.
Think it could help with buying games your normal gaming friends dont own.
This sort of comes to mind because after leaving console completly, i haven't been buying games i would like to, simply because my network of steam friends is somewhat limited. if i could tap into my sites stats, i could find posters/members i like and start teaming up.

additionally with the use of tournaments, you could look up everyone playing [xyz game] then mass message them saying something like "hey we're running a tournament for xyz game if you'd like to throw your hat into the ring"

Guys, how is this addon doing? Is it safe to use? No updates for 4 years... I'm a bit worried.
Works perfectly fine. Also, it was last updated Jul 11, 2016

I have Ui.X installed @HowIChrgeLazer
I also have a UI.X based theme and it does not show up for me. I've sent a support request to ThemeHouse regarding it. I'll report back if I get it fixed.

@HowIChrgeLazer I think I asked this at one point, but is there a specific PHP callback or way to access their Steam ID for instance? I'd like to be able to have a custom user ID that auto pulls their Steam ID for part of the code.

Top Bottom