Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Oh I see what you did there, but why store the steam64's as binary data? Steam 64's are public information, even on private steam profiles......

It's not.

The provider is steam and provider_key is the SteamID64. The collation on your database is making phpmyadmin display the data as hex.

It's not.

The provider is steam and provider_key is the SteamID64. The collation on your database is making phpmyadmin display the data as hex.
The data type for the "provider_key" is set to varbinary(150). If you would have set it to bigint then it would show normally. But now that I know what I'm looking for life is good. Thanks (y)

Unfortunately I do not have control over that table. That's a XenForo included table. I believe other auth sources can provide keys that are more than just numbers.

Glad you found the data you needed.

Fantastic work taking over this addon HICL, just one quesiton ... would it be possible to have a sidebar widget say showing who is currently online in steam?

It could be possible, but that would have the potential to kick back a lot of members in a list on a larger forum. I'd have to think about that one.

@CFodder i like your idea, I had a similar idea long time ago and now i took the chance to post it:

Implement a list of all forum users that are at this moment in steam online and a textfield where users can enter a name of a game and filter the list to users that are actually playing game xyz. The field could have autocomplete with all steam game names. For this filter field use something like javascript/ajax (i don't know - i'm not a developper), so no new page refresh nessecary.

Another additional textfield filter option would be also nice to add on the following pages:
https://ragecagegaming.com/forum/steam/top-played-games
https://ragecagegaming.com/forum/steam/top-owned-games
https://ragecagegaming.com/forum/steam/top-recently-played-games
So a webuser can quickly and easily find out who and how many are playing game xyz to find players to team up or discuss. At the moment it is limited to only top 25 games on every top-list-page.

This solution would fill the gap of valuable steam information about other members in a community. In my opinion this is next step for this addon to improve in a simple but useful/fancy way. What thinks @HowIChrgeLazer?

Quality of life and additional features are slated for 2.0 when I can get around to it. Ideally I'd like to shoot for something similar to what you're proposing, as well as "pageifying" the list of games and steam ids in the admin control panel. I also want to display the steam appid in the list so admins can easily find the ids to the games they want to include/exclude from the stats pages in the options menu.

I have some work in progress code from a few versions back that I was working on, but it's quite buggy and not doing what I'd like it to do.

Mate you're doing an awesome job with the addon especially compared with some who think they can charge for any little piece of code they develop. If you think it's viable and can be done then all well and good, if not then it would be a nice to have feature but certainly not a game breaker.

Hi, I'm on Xenforo 1.5.5 and was running Steam Auth 1.6.2 and suddenly these errors started to get logged in ACP.
I tried updating to the latest 1.6.3 version since it was a bug fix, but it did not solve these issues.
I am currently running PHP 5.6.20

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: games - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:387
Generated By: XXX, Yesterday at 10:30 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php(387): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/NNN/ww...', 387, Array)
#1 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(671): Steam_Helper_Steam->getUserGames('765611983155483...')
#2 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(428): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->updateUserStats(116, '765611983155483...')
#3 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#4 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "https://NNN.com/register/steam/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["associate_login"] => string(5) "XXX"
    ["force_assoc"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["associate"] => string(17) "Associate Account"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(48) "https://NNN.com/account/external-accounts"
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:672
Generated By: XXX, Yesterday at 10:30 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(672): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/NNN/ww...', 672, Array)
#1 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(428): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->updateUserStats(116, '765611983155483...')
#2 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#3 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["associate_login"] => string(5) "XXX"
    ["force_assoc"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate"] => string(17) "Associate Account"
    ["redirect"] => string(48) "https://NNN.com/account/external-accounts"
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net:443. Error #0: - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:09 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('steamcdn-a.akam...', 443, true)
#1 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(500): Zend_Http_Client->request('GET')
#2 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#3 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/NNN/www-data/NNN.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["username"] => string(15) "XXX"
    ["email"] => string(19) "NNN@gmail.com"
    ["timezone"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "9"
    ["dob_day"] => string(1) "1"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1999"
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
    ["redirect"] => string(50) "https://NNN.com/forums/resolved-appeals.27/"
    ["location"] => string(6) "Canada"
  }
}

Hmmm... @MainlandHero Can you tell me how your users generated that error. So I know the exact steps to reproduce it?
They did nothing out of the ordinary.
I asked them to simply go to their profile page and connect to steam via the external accounts sections.
I will PM you my website if you want to take a look at it yourself, but after a few tries even with the error persisting, they still get their SteamID saved somehow.

Even when they register via Steam, it shows those errors, just generated by Unknown User.

I am also having this issue. I assume it's whenever someone logs in.
a859baccdaa60691f950c28a79632bc7.png

This is a simple view of the Error Logs. When clicked on, they look like what @MainlandHero posted.

"
909025e88b20d3c389d73ba4abb0d525.png
"

I'm guessing this is because there is no more support for the plugin after 1.5.0.
As I am at 1.5.9 :(

They did nothing out of the ordinary.
I asked them to simply go to their profile page and connect to steam via the external accounts sections.
I will PM you my website if you want to take a look at it yourself, but after a few tries even with the error persisting, they still get their SteamID saved somehow.

Even when they register via Steam, it shows those errors, just generated by Unknown User.

I don't think access to your forum will help me assist. I'll need to figure out why that's triggering, it sounds like a very particular case. Almost like maybe the Steam Community was down or unresponsive for this error:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl:

The other thing that failed was the code trying to gather games. It could have timed out trying to gather than info. I might have a bug there, I think I see a flaw in the logic there. I'll try a fix and test it.

@Earth2Luke If you read it correctly he said the older version of Steam Login 1.4 and 1.5 wouldn't be compatible! 1.6.3 is and works fine for me so far... I am using XenForo 1.5.9

Correct. The latest version of this addon is working with the latest version of XenForo.

Request that this addon logs every change on a users steam-id
so when a user register first with steamid, it will be logged into user changelog in acp (in ACP user editing admin.php?users/user.1/edit in the tab "Changelog" left to "IP"). and if he disconnects steam id or/and register new id, it will be logged too.

Reason: For administrating steam gaming tournaments, this would be helpful to check occassionally if a user changes his steam id from a valid account to a banned cheater account to help detect manually cheaters.

Would it be possible to add a page for "Currently online Members" and show all people with an "In-Game" "Online" "Away" Snooze" Just like your steam friends list. Also maybe a configurable sub-page that you can add Different User Groups to so you could have a "Staff Page" that will show selected user groups and there online status but in this one it will include offline peeps too.

Thoughts?

Just curious, I believe I started with this mod somewhere around 1.2 that I've been updating along the way. Just noticed the login images you're using in 1.6.3 are different than what shows up on my forum. They are the old green (login) and blue (logged in), which those login images still correlate to "forum/images/misc/steam*" which you haven't packaged into your mod in ages, afaik anyways. Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into them when I can.

FYI @HowIChrgeLazer - the Steam API terms seem to have been updated at some point to no longer require the steampowered.com/Powered by Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apiterms. The only branding requirement now is to use their sign in button image.

Good catch. This must have happened recently. In the next update I'll remove the footer template modification.

Just curious, I believe I started with this mod somewhere around 1.2 that I've been updating along the way. Just noticed the login images you're using in 1.6.3 are different than what shows up on my forum. They are the old green (login) and blue (logged in), which those login images still correlate to "forum/images/misc/steam*" which you haven't packaged into your mod in ages, afaik anyways. Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

All required images for the addon have been packaged in the styles\default\steamauth directory and are referenced as such by the addon. The image path for the sign in buttons should not be pointing to forum/images/misc/steam. When you update your add-on files, are you running the included addon-Steam.xml update as well in the ACP?

Top Bottom