Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
is there a steam id helper for the new steamid3 format?
I got the one for the normal format already from the community id, I just need to find a way to convert it to the new layout :D
Here is an example: [U:1:371349]
Here is the math conversion (got this off a website):
According to https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamID
Code:
STEAM_X:Y:Z
Our new SteamID is: Z*2+Y
Example:
STEAM_0:1:185674 (old)
185674*2+1=
STEAM_0:[U:1:371349] (new)
X=1=U

Committed this change to the develop branch on GitHub.

That value is in hex. Are you looking at that data through phpmyadmin? I guarantee you the value of 3736353631313938313338313135323639 is actually 76561198138115269 in the database. Which is this user: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138115269

My guess is that phpmyadmin is displaying the data incorrectly. I believe I told somebody how to fix it before, just search this thread for the word hex.

As for converting SteamID to SteamID64 or SteamID64 to SteamID, you can try out this MySQL stored procedure: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showp...22860e3ade474c0dfcdaf&p=1593324&postcount=306

I would recommend doing that on a test database first before doing it on your production. This might work out for you. The only problem is, I'm assuming you'd manually have to use this each time you want to update your other table.

This addon does feature a template variable that does convert SteamID64 into SteamID, but you'd still have to get it into the database in someway. Unfortunately this addon uses SteamID64 as it's the only way to properly interface with the API.

Hey HowIChrgeLazer really great what you doing here for the community!

As for converting SteamID to SteamID64 or SteamID64 to SteamID: could you not add a option to change how it will displayed in the User list? Most Games use the SteamID64 to Whitelist etc.. Did you consider to maybe make a payed version with more features liek this?

Kind Regards
Van

Committed this change to the develop branch on GitHub.
Thanks again :)
Btw any helpers on displaying the steam name? I could use that instead of the steamid3 in the url I need to set.
Is there a list of helpers I can find around this thread with this addon?

Hey HowIChrgeLazer really great what you doing here for the community!

As for converting SteamID to SteamID64 or SteamID64 to SteamID: could you not add a option to change how it will displayed in the User list? Most Games use the SteamID64 to Whitelist etc.. Did you consider to maybe make a payed version with more features liek this?

Kind Regards
Van

You can edit the template and change one of the values to a helper value to do this I think. I am not very good at understanding web coding since it isn't my specialty, but I'm sure you can either edit the xml or one of the templates from this addon.

Thanks again :)
Btw any helpers on displaying the steam name? I could use that instead of the steamid3 in the url I need to set.
Is there a list of helpers I can find around this thread with this addon?

You can edit the template and change one of the values to a helper value to do this I think. I am not very good at understanding web coding since it isn't my specialty, but I'm sure you can either edit the xml or one of the templates from this addon.
Yes, basically this is same problem i have. Not very good in coding. I barely can place premade code in the right place :D

Getting a Steam Username is more difficult. That information is not stored in the XenForo database. That would require an API call (like the SteamProfile feature). I would say it isn't worth it.

If you want to display the 32 bit id or the normal steam idea you just use this line the XenForo template you want to edit:

{xen:helper steamid, $value}
or
{xen:helper steamid3, $value}

$value is dependent on the information you want to put in the template. It accept a SteamID64 number. If you were doing the original Steam ID in posts under the users avatar, you'd use the following in your template:

{xen:helper steamid, $user.externalAuth.steam}

Hi,

Sorry for this, I'm sure I'm doing something moronic, I'm getting a "The files associated with this add-on could not be found" error when trying to install this plugin. I've checked everything obvious that I can think off but don't seem to be getting any joy. Cleared out my uploads folder, copied the js, library and styles folders in there but every time I trying installing I'm getting that message. Anyone care to throw me a bone?

Using 1.4.1 btw

Hi,

Sorry for this, I'm sure I'm doing something moronic, I'm getting a "The files associated with this add-on could not be found" error when trying to install this plugin. I've checked everything obvious that I can think off but don't seem to be getting any joy. Cleared out my uploads folder, copied the js, library and styles folders in there but every time I trying installing I'm getting that message. Anyone care to throw me a bone?

Using 1.4.1 btw

There's no folder named uploads on a XenForo install. The folders in the upload folder (js, library, styles) from the Steam Auth download go into your XenForo root forum directory.

anyone get a weird error that just states Error No Data Received?

Some people can sign in through steam, some can't because of the error above.

hey Howl, is there anywhere else other than my admin panel that logs errors? It doesn't return any errors on the admin home panel.

hey howl tnx again for taking the time to look things up for me.
Ya from my research its either another bad php addon causing the issue or my server host.

I might be moving to hostgater soon and hopefully things will improve xD

Not sure. You'll have to check with the developer of that addon. As long as it doesn't affect XenForo's built-in image proxy, you'll be fine.

Bumping this as we'd really like to see this! How much money do we have to through your way for encouragement? :p
Do you have any news about this request ? cause I encounter the same behavior, user promoted into a group when steam is associated can be reverted randomly by XF system...

It sounds like your User Group Promotions aren't configured correctly.

Check this thread as an example:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/usergroup-promotions-not-behaving.70184/

I read it and indeed, it seems to be the same mistake as the author. Thank you :)
I'll try to find a way to solve it, but anyway, an option inside your addon to promote an associated user to a specified group can be great. Why ? because groups are more (obviously) integrated in other Xenforo features than your addon. Hopefully, in promotion stuff, the Steam state and game list are included in available conditions :)

EDIT : I changed (unchecked a criteria that was not correct) the criteria but the same behavior occured. If a user is already promoted in the right group (the only criteria is "Steam associated"), he's moved out of this group during the next promotion process... Any idea ?

I think I get a clue :
PHP:
 switch($data['state']) {
            case 'associated':
                      if(!empty($user['externalAuth']['steam']) && $user['externalAuth']['steam'] > 0) {
                                   $returnValue = true;
                      } else {
                                   $returnValue = false;
                      }
                      break;

(In the Helper/Criteria.php file)
It checks if externalAuth is not empty and value is "provider_key" (so not null, equals to steamid64). But, when I look at the profile of a member who is associated to Steam through the ACP (the Extra tab), I see there's no external account registered (this member has a valid entry in the xf_user_external_auth table).

Moreover, this class (Steam_Helper_Criteria) is not called by any other script inside the addon... Is it called automatically by XF w/o being declared ?

Any idea ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom