Stay safe DigitalPoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I mean like getting any of the privileges of freedom us regular citizens have such as voting, shooting, drinking and being merry of course :p

Lol... The funny thing is that I think everyone *else* is more sad about it than I am.

I'm trying really hard to feign sadness, but to be honest, I'm looking forward to getting away from life for a little bit and not having any responsibilities to deal with.

I suspect it will be an interesting experience. :)

Either way, passing boredom by working out or whatever else will be good for me.

As a bonus, it will be the first time I've had health insurance in 8 years.

I think you should do a whole bunch of stuff you can't do while you still have the time. I'm gonna miss you bragging about the dope addons you have that we'll never see the light of day such as draggable threads during moderation.

Lol... The funny thing is that I think everyone *else* is more sad about it than I am.

I'm trying really hard to feign sadness, but to be honest, I'm looking forward to getting away from life for a little bit and not having any responsibilities to deal with.

I suspect it will be an interesting experience. :)

Either way, passing boredom by working out or whatever else will be good for me.

As a bonus, it will be the first time I've had health insurance in 8 years.

well i can donate a pen and paper and you can map out and write a mp3 cms I cant find a good one anywhere at all

I think you should do a whole bunch of stuff you can't do while you still have the time. I'm gonna miss you bragging about the dope addons you have that we'll never see the light of day such as draggable threads during moderation.
That particular one had a little internal tooling done to break it apart from some internal DP framework stuff. Basically to make it more of a release possibility.

well i can donate a pen and paper and you can map out and write a mp3 cms I cant find a good one anywhere at all
WTF is an MP3 CMS? Just like a way to present music?

Reactions: DRE
The thread title in itself is polite, much better than don't drop the soap.
Pretty sure you have a bigger chance of getting beat up or raped walking down the street in a good neighborhood than you do in federal minimum security prison.

There are no "communal" showers like in a locker room (showers are private). As far as assaults across *all* minimum security federal prisons, check this... http://www.bop.gov/resources/research_projects/assaults/archive/2014-Apr-code101-inmates.pdf

Since 2010, there have been a grand total of 5 "serious assaults" in minimum security federal prison. For purposes of rounding, let's call it 1 every 10 months... with 36,243 inmates.

At that rate, I would suspect the ones that *were* assaulted probably were assaulted because of something they did/said (arguably they deserved it).

Assault in minimum security prison means you no longer get to be at camp, and they send you to a more "traditional" prison, so why would anyone assault anyone? Also, only people with non-violent histories go to camp.

Long story short, is I'd have a better chance of getting in a fight in a bar than I would in prison camp.

Since 2010, there have been a grand total of 5 "serious assaults" in minimum security federal prison. For purposes of rounding, let's call it 1 every 10 months... with 36,243 inmates.
You are forgetting that inmates generally do not idolize rats much and those figures are about reported incidents. That still doesn't give much cause for worries though.

You are forgetting that inmates generally do not idolize rats much and those figures are about reported incidents. That still doesn't give much cause for worries though.
Either way, I'm not worried about it. The camps are way different than what you see on a show like Oz. lol

The camps don't even have fences or cells. You literally could just leave and walk to the store if you wanted.

Usually when there is an assault that occurred there's evidence that the facility concierge see.... you know, like cuts, abrasions, bruises, blood all over the cell or dayroom floor. :whistle:
Or at least in the 5 plus years I put in at TDCJ that's the way it was.
Not to mention - a "camp" facility is a log different than a true penal setting. And when I say a log, I mean a LOT different. Whole different class of clientele.

I visited a friend once that was in minimal security federal prison. They had a golf course and offered 3-course meals on the weekends.

I visited a friend once that was in minimal security federal prison. They had a golf course and offered 3-course meals on the weekends.
yeah, for a LONG time the Fed facility in Seagoville, TX had no fence around it and some REALLY nice tennis courts on it. It was a minimum security facility during that time. They finally changed it to higher security and put up fences but no towers.

What it says is frequently even people that may be totally innocent end up saying to hell with it, this is going to run me into the poor-house to prove my innocence and I have a family to support so I'll plead out even though I'm not guilty.
I've seen it happen several times.

Also, I don't think you realize how expensive it is to put on a vigorous defense against folks that have access to unlimited resources (thank's to our money).
Convicts are people too; I didn't realize someone had to die to receive condolences.

Convicts are people too...Yes. Never said he nor any other convict in the world wasn't. Doesn't excuse anything.
To quote myself from another post
Should He be condemned? Of course not. Convict he is, he is serving his time and after he gets out his "Debt has been paid"

Should he be praised as a Hero or a victim of government? No. Since he knowingly did stuff he knew might be bad/grey and got rich off of it. He's no victim to anything and I wish people could see how sad they look praising him. He did good work for XF & VB....doesn't change the fact he is a criminal.

I wouldn't trust him with any of my money or anything like that.
Good people CAN change. Good people can do bad things or illegal acts. Just because they did a lot of good in the past for others, doesn't negate their current or future bad deeds.

'"Oh he's a good guy. He may have possibly don something illegal but let's not forget the work he has done for VB & XF. He's awesome. No big, Enjoy your vacation & Stay strong, brother"

^that's how people sound. Which is sad....and again he is not in a high security prison. So the "Stay strong" is a bit much. From the sounds of it, he is fine and will be fine.

If our community isn't up to your standards.. why even post here? You sold your xF license months ago..

Thank you for following my timeline of when I sold my licence? I am here
1. Because this thread, amusing & sad as it is, was posted on TAZ thus i had to read it for the lols
2. I am buying a new licence and was spending the day looking to see if the software(and styles and mods) had improved to point where i deemed good enough to buy licence again.

I simply gave my opinions. I apologize if my mindset doesn't follow and fit in with the pack mentality of the community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom