Stay safe DigitalPoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he seems to have a real lot of money it'll be for sure no problem at all for him to get delivered all things he wants during his short and maybe relaxing camp vacation. :rolleyes:

We also got a lot of money out of the eBay partner system several years ago. It was the best single affiliation partner you could be signed up with. But that stopped very suddenly. Now I know why. :)

However, we did not stuff all visitors with eBay cookies silently. I don't think this was allowed in their TOS. You should at least donate the money earned to charity (and not the lawyers only).

However, we did not stuff all visitors with eBay cookies silently. I don't think this was allowed in their TOS. You should at least donate the money earned to charity (and not the lawyers only).
People assume too much. For example people assume that since we were paid $28M total, that the "grey area" stuff amounted to anything remotely close to that amount of money. That's like assuming that Exxon sold $420B (their annual sales) worth of bad gas because they sold one bad tanker full.

While I can't get too much into it (everything is under seal), it's safe to say that eBay was paid back in one way or another 10x over for the grey area stuff (that ultimately they asked to be done). We weren't the #1 affiliate because of any grey area stuff, we were #1 because we did a ton of stuff (we were close to running a Super Bowl ad for example).

Let's be real here... do you really think both eBay's lawyers and the US government would be satisfied with what the penalty was if either of them thought I had "stolen" anything remotely close to what I was paid?

The amount I was paid vs. the amount of grey area stuff that went on are not remotely connected whatsoever, they are mutually exclusive.

Be safe Shawn.

Just read your blog post about the issue and it does look like you have been stitched up on this one.

Not really... the justice system has slowly become an injustice system (and this is from someone that spent 14.5 years in law enforcement).
While that is true and I agree, there still was some wrongdoing here and I just find this thread quite.....interesting to see such condolences lol
He's a convict, not dead lmao
it says a lot really.

Done and dusted mate... all over, I can see the appeal in ending it all for bugger all. Those camps are for corporate fraud and such... holiday camps with a lights out is about all. From my understanding of the US prison system, they're letting everyone out as early as possible due to basically being broke in affording to keep people in prison, so hopefully your stay will be even shorter.

While that is true and I agree, there still was some wrongdoing here and I just find this thread quite.....interesting to see such condolences lol
He's a convict, not dead lmao
it says a lot really.
What it says is frequently even people that may be totally innocent end up saying to hell with it, this is going to run me into the poor-house to prove my innocence and I have a family to support so I'll plead out even though I'm not guilty.
I've seen it happen several times.

Also, I don't think you realize how expensive it is to put on a vigorous defense against folks that have access to unlimited resources (thank's to our money).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom