Stay safe DigitalPoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be mailing you notebooks and pens so you can hand write some addons :D

He should be out in time to write the updates for 1.4 :p

Things happen in business. I honestly only worry about the site while he is gone. Sure thats all taken care of for now. Don't let them catch you stuffing cookies in your pillow case!

You'll probably have a lot of pen pals, but if you need any others

I know a few dudes who spent time in Club Fed. They enjoyed being in the bands...rock and country bands, that is. At least when it is done, it's done.

Good Luck and hope to hear from you back here right soon...

Good luck Shawn. Getting it over and done is the best thing.
Was wondering why I cant sign up to digital point? keep getting a not accepting new members message?

Pretty sure Google doesn't tell people how much each account holder makes, so at best it's an *incredibly* inaccurate random guess by someone that knows nothing. Lol

Perhaps so. Most people assume a make a hell of a lot more than I do. I consider myself fairly successful--nice home, comfortable living, prestigious education, scotch and cigars every night. I've recently won a $25,000 judgement, the cost of which rocked my company. You said you've spent millions on this suit, which are figures that most people will never see (you know that, right? It's important to me that you know that) in your defense.

I merely said that you were more successful than me. It's a compliment, believe me, because my head is friggen huge. Just take it as such and let me keep buying your products. :)

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 59
How will this fraud conviction affect your business? Will such fraud conviction affect your paypal, adsense account, etc. Was this a consideration with taking the plea deal?

Reads as if someone at eBay Inc. saw the millions going to affiliates and determined that was a way to improve the bottom line, then used the "justice system" and FBI as a means to attempt to get money back from the affiliates.

PS. I've never been a fan of eBay.

Reads as if someone at eBay Inc. saw the millions going to affiliates and determined that was a way to improve the bottom line, then used the "justice system" and FBI as a means to attempt to get money back from the affiliates.
I also read it that way, and if this is true; then whoever did that... deserves bad karma. I don't know what, but bad karma to come back at him/her at some point. That's the dirtiest thing to do a person who's thriving, and being successful. Even dirtier as a corporation.

Surely the startup/company ecosystem isn't that bad!

I've been to the eBay/PayPal HQ before, and it's HUGE!

I also read it that way, and if this is true; then whoever did that... deserves bad karma. I don't know what, but bad karma to come back at him/her at some point. That's the dirtiest thing to do a person who's thriving, and being successful. Even dirtier as a corporation.

Surely the startup/company ecosystem isn't that bad!

I've been to the eBay/PayPal HQ before, and it's HUGE!
There is a read about what happened (from my point of view) here: http://www.shawnhogan.com/2010/08/w...rism-and-meg-whitman-have-in-common-ebay.html

My guess is that just some higher ups at eBay saw what was going on in their affiliate program and probably just decided to clean house... I heard something like 80% of the top 100 affiliates were let go at the same time. And eBay's affiliate program managers all seemed to work for different companies or were placed in different divisions shortly thereafter.

I was just in the "lucky" position of being the #1 affiliate, so when you want to make an example, that's who you go after.

There is a read about what happened (from my point of view) here: http://www.shawnhogan.com/2010/08/w...rism-and-meg-whitman-have-in-common-ebay.html

My guess is that just some higher ups at eBay saw what was going on in their affiliate program and probably just decided to clean house... I heard something like 80% of the top 100 affiliates were let go at the same time. And eBay's affiliate program managers all seemed to work for different companies or were placed in different divisions shortly thereafter.

I was just in the "lucky" position of being the #1 affiliate, so when you want to make an example, that's who you go after.
Good read! Incredible story. eBay was too ambitious - only so far they'd go great lengths to do x or y or z. I'd like to make one comment without trying to disrespect you or your intelligence; Google was eBay's competitor in some grey area or another. Google at one point or the other experimented with affiliate payments, and AdSense is more-or-less a direct competitor to the ads that eBay was serving back then, or still are.

You're just being made example of; that's why your sentence is a bit short because eBay was really trying to work with you, trying to be on your side. You're lucky; a lot of companies go for the highest extent of the law to shut you down or shut you up - stuff like that.

Keep moving forward, nothing to worry about. :)

You're just being made example of; that's why your sentence is a bit short because eBay was really trying to work with you, trying to be on your side. You're lucky; a lot of companies go for the highest extent of the law to shut you down or shut you up - stuff like that.

He got that "short" sentence after 7 years and millions of dollars being spent in his defense. It's not like he got a nice first offer lol.

Don't worry about losing your voting rights. Our vote doesn't matter anyway.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-us-no-longer-democracy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yeah... our politics have been so screwed up for a very long time. Totally off topic, but nearly $129 trillion in unfunded debt scares me more than anything really... http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If the US economy collapses, I already know where I'm going as my plan B (not like I'll see a dime of social security I've paid in... that's all gone). Remember when the Soviet Union was a super power with an economy "too big to fail"? :)

Reactions: DRE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom