Starting a New Pro-Life XF Forum

I think
Well we are both Christians as well. Of course you don't have to be a Christian to be pro-life. Many Christians are not, for whatever reason.
I would think they called it choice....... A formal girl friend of mine found that living by what she was taught did not feel right when the situation came to be.... But then this is not about 'Choice', as OP is looking for same minded individuals.

The OP is looking for individuals with same values.... So make sure you read his first posting and not create anti-topic response.... but then he might want to invite it if you are emotionally not aggressive about it.

Edit: not

And I'm not going to debate. :) However, without going into detail.... I myself have been in that situation.
It does not change my beliefs.
Sorry to hear that. One of my friends feels the same way, and has just recently gotten married, and is raising her daughter with him. A few others however were in a situation where it was suggested they go through with it as they were having psychological problems and would have probably never have made it to term.

Should have the good sense to stay out of this, but I've never been able to do that.

I am against abortion, but I am pro-choice. Being against abortion is MY CHOICE based on MY beliefs. As everyone's opinion is based on their own beliefs, I am compelled to support their choice, if the alternative is forcing my choice/belief on others. I support Christians voicing their opinions, educating and putting forth their beliefs. I don't support any legislation based on religious belief.

Although I am pro-choice myself I'm more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Matter of fact, I'm sure a lot of us here would.

What, specifically, would you like to know?

Why are you pro-life?
Do you believe in God?
How would you summarize your former forum management experience?

I am not for it or against it (actually to me life and choice are the samething so by my defenition pro-life is having to the choice to guide your own life which would include pro-choice)...in this way...the same ideals that say life begins at conception also state that a full grown individual should have full opportunity in life. Having a child you cannot take care of or did not plan for due to unforeseeable circumstances could be a trigger to PTSD and that is going to cause bad things for both parent and child and possibly irreparable damages. For those that choose to tough it out for whatever reason I support you...for those who can't...well the same god that tells that life is sacred also preaches forgiveness and I would be tyrannical to tell someone else to live with it for 9 months, enjoy the labor and mind the water, a main broke. No matter what you believe, it should not effect an outside party or the reverse and everyone can live in peace and harmony which is to my understanding is the basis for almost all religion.

I believe in something more divine than I ...I just don't know that it would be of human form or ascertainable as an image instead of a vision. In the past ..too much blood has been shed in the name of all deities which I am sure is directly against the words of their teachings...so until humans collectively as organisms mentally mature quite a bit more...I cannot believe anything in books written by man of things he has never seen. Before anyone gets offended I have been confirmed and all of that stuff, I just have seen to many things that show the logic of humans in general and decided to go through life seeking retribution for all I have wronged so I can be at peace with myself. If there is a hell I am going there no matter how much I repay my debt to the world so I have decided I will become my own creator since life is what you make it and I will answer only to myself. Rather than counting away on a rosary for forgiveness I find someone in need...I help them the best that I can and I ask to not be gratified in it...I already owed them. I was part of the problem in the world before....this is my solution. Getting credit for it is getting paid and that makes it a job and not a way of life. This is not wrong or right it is just my belief. If it makes any consolation I will be buried in a catholic cemetery. I follow the logic in the good book just not the stories or requirements of a religious person. My father is my only true god, he is the creator of my life and decided my fate a while back as well as gave me the teachings I needed...I just wished I listened to him long ago. Now I am playing catch up. He is religious and believes in god if that brings any light to this revelation.

As far as my forum management experience....tangibly speaking...none :-)

Peace be with you

-A lapsed catholic

Not starting a debate, but how about those people who have been raped, and become pregnant?

Knowing quite a few people who have gone through said situation, I don't think other people have the right to decide whether or not they can or cannot have an abortion, or that they should judge it.
The debate usually isn't whether 'other people' get to decide or judge...it's more whether primarily the biological parents, and secondarily any human being, has the right to do so or not.

Not debating here, but just thought I'd clear that up.

This topic is one that will raise heated debate from both sides, and as such it is really not appropriate for this forum.

If you want to discuss the setup of your XenForo forum, feel free, but the XenForo company forums are really not a fitting venue for a pro-life debate.

It's fine to have your own beliefs.
Not fine to force your beliefs on others.
I think the OP should have requested PCs since this would form into an open discussion, which may or may not have been the intent.

Hey guys,

I am a Christian social networker with a significant Facebook presence. I would love your help on my new Pro-Life forum. Its all about a peaceful end to the abortion of our generation. If you are interested please let me know. I would love to know a little about you as well. Why are you pro-life? Do you believe in God? How would you summarize your former forum management experience?

Please post IF you are interested in working together :)

I can already see that your forum is going to be a good conversation starter
Just dropped in here to :censored: and wish you all the best with your new forum

This topic is one that will raise heated debate from both sides, and as such it is really not appropriate for this forum.

If you want to discuss the setup of your XenForo forum, feel free, but the XenForo company forums are really not a fitting venue for a pro-life debate.
Yup, besides it not being the place, as you say, I can see this thread going the same way as a recent religion based thread!

Anyway, OP - good luck with your new forum, hope you have a good moderator team, you could end up needing one! ;)

Thank you :)

Top Bottom