As designed Staff members not listed as staff

Adam Howard

So it would seem that Administrators, which are the highest staff members you can have; are not listed as staff members on the members page.

You seem to have to go out of your way and also add them as moderators before they show up.

Capture.webp

Capture.webp

Indeed this is as designed. You can manually make anyone you want show up as staff, but by default, making someone an administrator doesn't give them any permissions to take action in the forum itself, so to an end-user, they're not likely to be the kind of person that should be contacted about issues. (Think technical administrators, for example.)

Indeed this is as designed. You can manually make anyone you want show up as staff, but by default, making someone an administrator doesn't give them any permissions to take action in the forum itself, so to an end-user, they're not likely to be the kind of person that should be contacted about issues. (Think technical administrators, for example.)
Um, actually, it does. :oops:

Have a go at yourself

http://www.sociallyuncensored.net/xenforo

Admin / 12345678910

Default setting, stock permissions, nothing changed.

Bug?

An administrator that isn't a moderator doesn't have any permissions to perform moderator actions.

The default user created during install is a moderator, administrator and a super administrator.

An administrator that isn't a moderator doesn't have any permissions to perform moderator actions.

The default user created during install is a moderator, administrator and a super administrator.
Well, duh, yes, I know the default user is the super administrator

What I just did was made a normal member (which I happen to have named, Admin) and promoted him to administrator. Changing no permission settings.

"Admin" which again is not the default super administrator. Just a user upgraded to administrator and it has full control on the forum.

Making someone an admin doesn't give them extra permissions. Putting them in another group at the same time might though. Regardless, this is as designed -- you can manually set this for each user if you wish to change it.

As I already said, I would suggest reading up how things work.

Adding someone to the Administrative user group does not make them an administrator.

As I already said, I would suggest reading up how things work.

Adding someone to the Administrative user group does not make them an administrator.
I did look up. Essentially, by default, XenForo has no administrator (except for the super administrator).

It's a backwards way of doing things (my opinion).......

..... Keep in mind I imported my community and so the permissions were as I expected them -vs- how the stock seems to work.

Should rename administrative as webmaster. :p

You were right. :oops:

Top Bottom