Special Avatar for Banned Members

Special Avatar for Banned Members 1.3.10

No permission to download
To translate this avatar ;)

I did create a psd image (not exact though) but then converted the font to a shape, but then being converted to a shape, it becomes uneditable in the form to make changes to the text that you require. So it would be useless to you unless the translations were made before hand, then convert to shape if you wanted to do further enhancements (colour changes re-sizing etc).

Just tested it and it works fine.

The banned avatar will show if the is_banned flag is set on the user in xf_user.

Once a ban has expired, a Cron entry needs to run to delete the ban. Are you sure they aren't still banned? Can you check in PHP My Admin or similar against that user to see if is_banned is 1 or 0?

Also check in the xf_user_ban table and make sure the ban has definitely expired and the user isn't in there.

Found out he was banned again. He requested both bans so he could study lol.

Make sure you've uploaded the banned avatar to the right location. The location may vary depending on your specific config and whether you use a CDN etc.

That wouldn't explain why it works in some areas of my site like shoutbox though but appears blank white in other areas...

I didn't say it would.

But you'll need to be more specific about the areas where it doesn't work so I can investigate further.

Hi Chris,

I am seeing broken images too (apparently on user's profile), not sure if it's like Rho's case. I realised the broken image is caused by the wrong image path. My images were uploaded to the xenForo default's avatar folder however the link to the image is pointing to one of my (disabled) 3rd party theme. Instead of moving my avatars out of xenForo's default folder, where can I change the path?

Your advise would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

The image path is defined via a Style Property named "imagePath".

Check your style/styles and make sure you have the avatars in the correct directory.

e.g. if your image path is styles/yourstyle you will need to make sure all the banned avatars are copied to the styles/yourstyle/xenforo/avatars directory.

You will need to do this for each style.

Okay, now I got it. :D I thought the path will point to default theme folder as some other addons do. Thanks a bunch Chris :)

Sorry missed the last message.

I wondered if it was something to do with the crop positions that you're able to set. I will test it and let you know.

Breaks usergroup tagging with [bd] Tag Me 1.7.5b

Using 1.1.5 xenforo.. I think the reasoning behind it is Gravatar.. as [bd] Tag ME also carries Gravatar support..

Shame nice add on too...

Last edited:
no error just when trying to tag a usergroup the drop down box does not appear..

Disable this addon the tagging works fine

Picked this error up from the Server Error Log

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: is_banned - library/BannedAvatar/Listener.php:84
Generated By: RedNinja, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/BannedAvatar/Listener.php(84): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/srv/d_6CM001/w...', 84, Array)
#1 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/BannedAvatar/Listener.php(117): BannedAvatar_Listener::_getDefaultAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#2 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/BannedAvatar/Listener.php(49): BannedAvatar_Listener::_getGravatarUrl(Array, 's')
#3 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/BannedAvatar/Listener.php(33): BannedAvatar_Listener::getAvatarUrl(Array, 's', NULL)
#4 [internal function]: BannedAvatar_Listener::helperAvatarUrl(Array, 's')
#5 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(819): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/Find.php(11): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('avatar', Array)
#7 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): XenForo_ViewPublic_Member_Find->renderJson()
#8 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Json', Array, 'member_autocomp...')
#9 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(536): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'member_autocomp...', NULL)
#10 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#11 /srv/d_6CM001/www/www.sixcrazyminutes.com/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(85) "http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?members/tag-suggestions&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["members/tag-suggestions"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["q"] => string(2) "pl"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(51) "/index.php?forums/fantasy-football.15/create-thread"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom