Not a bug Spam Cleaner does not set User State to Disabled

rfc0001

Affected version
After running Spam Cleanner with all options selected (including Ban User), User State is still "Valid" after completing

Last edited:
OK, this is a little confusing - Banned State is set to Banned, but User State remains Valid.

To add more confusion Banned State is not a field displayed on the Edit User screen - it's just displayed at the top as a link under user name:

It is understandable that a manually banned user would remain valid since their ban may be expire at some point or be revoked, but seems like a Spammer would never be unbanned. Perhaps Spam Cleaner should have an option to Set User State to Disabled instead of Set Banned Stated to Banned?

Feel free to move this to suggestions instead of bugs.

Does it matter? He's banned. That's a valid member state. And he's permanently banned so it's not like he can come back.

I like it the way it is. Other than valid, all of the other user states currently indicates some sort of problem or potential problem which is helpful for troubleshooting.

Does it matter? He's banned. That's a valid member state. And he's permanently banned so it's not like he can come back.

I like it the way it is. Other than valid, all of the other user states currently indicates some sort of problem or potential problem which is helpful for troubleshooting.

View attachment 200435
Agree. The disabled state is the only outlier. What does it mean? I guess someone who closed their account? Was just confusing since you don't see Banned State as a field in Edit User. You have to look at the top for a link that says Banned and to unban them go to User Actions. Seems like Banned should just be another User State or at least displayed and editable in Edit User (ideally below User State so it's clear).

Top Bottom