Resource icon

SOS BB Codes 2.1.0

No permission to download

mistypants

mistypants submitted a new resource:

SOS BB Codes - BB Code for warning, success, information, and error boxes.

Requested here, this BB Code offers a four different ways to display information to your users: Warning, Success, Information, and Error.

The BB Code works using options, like so:
Code:
[sos="warning"]Your warning text here.[/sos]
[sos="success"]Your success text here.[/sos]
[sos="information"]Your information text here.[/sos]
[sos="error"]Your error text here.[/sos]

View attachment 69060

All the...

Read more about this resource...

installed as addon, activated.
added following font awesome to page_container template
Code:
[/LEFT]
<link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
[LEFT]

added the code
Code:
<xen:include template="sos_bbcode.css" />
to extras.css

copied and pasted the bbcode in the example and nothing changed. everything displayed as plain text.

Is this working for anyone else?

installed as addon, activated.
added following font awesome to page_container template
Code:
[/LEFT]
<link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
[LEFT]

added the code
Code:
<xen:include template="sos_bbcode.css" />
to extras.css

copied and pasted the bbcode in the example and nothing changed. everything displayed as plain text.

Is this working for anyone else?
My bad, it's sos_bbcodes.CSS, I forgot the s in my install instructions. Fixed now. :)

I have deleted the previous post.
As per the site rules, all posts must be in English.

where is that in admin panel??
Log into your ACP and go to the Appearance tab. Go to the Templates of your style and search for the PAGE_CONTAINER template. Somewhere before the closing </head> tag, add the following code:
Code:

Can the bbcodes be limited to staff?
The built-in XenForo BB Code manager doesn't allow for permission control sadly. You could try @cclaerhout 's BB Code manager add-on, which includes an easy way to limit BB Code to only certain usergroups, but this BB Code might have to be redone to work with it.

Is there any way to use this addon without Font Awesome? I just want to use the coloured blocks; without the icons.

maybe need rewrite this code to not use Font Awesome, just PNG like icons very usefull for admins.Also option to add it like button in editor.

@mistypants Can you make it possible to have a individual titles, please? For example: [sos=warning|The new Title]The warning text[/sos] and if no title is set then use the text from the phrase.

@mistypants Can you make it possible to have a individual titles, please? For example: [sos=warning|The new Title]The warning text[/sos] and if no title is set then use the text from the phrase.
The add-on uses phrases, so you can easily change them to your liking.

I can look into adding more options (like a custom title) as well as using images instead of Font Awesome but no promises on time, got a few papers to write. ;)

The add-on uses phrases, so you can easily change them to your liking.

I can look into adding more options (like a custom title) as well as using images instead of Font Awesome but no promises on time, got a few papers to write. ;)
I know but the phrase is global. I want a other title for the warning on thread 10 as on thread 12.

Hello,
Translating the title of the box does not work for me as it is still showing Warning, Information ... etc

Is there anyway to get around this and display the translation?

Hello,
Translating the title of the box does not work for me as it is still showing Warning, Information ... etc

Which phrases are you editing? You may be editing the phrases used in profile tabs, which, of course, wouldn't change that.

for instance sos_error
with the original phrase being Error

Okay, so you are editing the phrases that came with the add-on. Good.

It's possible it's a cache issue, which sometimes happens. If you clear your cache, do the phrases update? If not, then I'd just wait for Misty to assist you further. I wouldn't know where to begin troubleshooting.

Hello,

Do you have the correct language selected to display? That's about all I can think of. Have you successfully translated other phrases?

If you want to, you can go into sos_bbcodes.css and edit the xen phrases to your translations.

Top Bottom