1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained SOS BB Codes 2.1.0

BB Code for warning, success, information, and error boxes.

1. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

mistypants submitted a new resource:

SOS BB Codes - BB Code for warning, success, information, and error boxes.

Read more about this resource...

2. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

installed as addon, activated.
    added following font awesome to page_container template
    Code:
    [/LEFT]
    <link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
    [LEFT]
    added the code
    Code:
    <xen:include template="sos_bbcode.css" />
    to extras.css

copied and pasted the bbcode in the example and nothing changed. everything displayed as plain text.

Is this working for anyone else?

3. mistypants

My bad, it's sos_bbcodes.CSS, I forgot the s in my install instructions. Fixed now. :)

tajhay likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have deleted the previous post.
    As per the site rules, all posts must be in English.

5. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

how to upload font in FTP where???

6. mistypants

FontAwesome doesn't need to be uploaded via FTP. You can just add the code from their website in your page container template. Would provide a link but I'm on my phone right now.

7. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

where is that in admin panel??

8. mistypants

Log into your ACP and go to the Appearance tab. Go to the Templates of your style and search for the PAGE_CONTAINER template. Somewhere before the closing </head> tag, add the following code:
    Code:
    <link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">

wickedstangs likes this.
  9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Can the bbcodes be limited to staff?

ogirginc likes this.
  10. mistypants

The built-in XenForo BB Code manager doesn't allow for permission control sadly. You could try @cclaerhout 's BB Code manager add-on, which includes an easy way to limit BB Code to only certain usergroups, but this BB Code might have to be redone to work with it.

Alfa1 likes this.
  11. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Is there any way to use this addon without Font Awesome? I just want to use the coloured blocks; without the icons.

12. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

maybe need rewrite this code to not use Font Awesome, just PNG like icons very usefull for admins.Also option to add it like button in editor.

13. Slind

Slind Active Member

@mistypants Can you make it possible to have a individual titles, please? For example: [sos=warning|The new Title]The warning text[/sos] and if no title is set then use the text from the phrase.

14. mistypants

The add-on uses phrases, so you can easily change them to your liking.

I can look into adding more options (like a custom title) as well as using images instead of Font Awesome but no promises on time, got a few papers to write. ;)

15. Slind

Slind Active Member

I know but the phrase is global. I want a other title for the warning on thread 10 as on thread 12.

16. 5fyf

5fyf Member

Hello,
    Translating the title of the box does not work for me as it is still showing Warning, Information ... etc

Is there anyway to get around this and display the translation?

17. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Which phrases are you editing? You may be editing the phrases used in profile tabs, which, of course, wouldn't change that.

18. 5fyf

5fyf Member

for instance sos_error
    with the original phrase being Error

19. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Okay, so you are editing the phrases that came with the add-on. Good.

It's possible it's a cache issue, which sometimes happens. If you clear your cache, do the phrases update? If not, then I'd just wait for Misty to assist you further. I wouldn't know where to begin troubleshooting.

20. mistypants

Do you have the correct language selected to display? That's about all I can think of. Have you successfully translated other phrases?

If you want to, you can go into sos_bbcodes.css and edit the xen phrases to your translations.

5fyf and Amaury like this.