• Yes

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I posted for my members as a notice and as a board wide email

To all Inn members: The site will be participating the mass blackout happening on midnight Jan. 18th around the world and will return in 24 hours. During the day, The Inn will be inaccessible and will return an error page. This is our participation in a protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA). These pieces of legislation are making their way through the US Congress and threaten many of the sites that the Internet holds dear. If you live in the US, make sure to contact your representatives and let them know that you oppose what these bills would do to the Internet.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Teamspeak will still be up during this time

Thanks, The Wayward Inn Administration

Did anyone do anything similar or posted something different?

I am not completely shutting my website down, however, I created a little informational pop up box that last sixty seconds.

You can check it out here if you want.

I made a child of our normal style, "blackened" it (thank the XF gods for the color palette!), and posted a notice that hopefully is accurate--I'm admittedly not fully researched on it. See the link in my signature.

Black doesn't compliment the colour of the style i'm using so I personally won't be participating. I'll apply a 1px by px black somewhere to show my support.

Indeed.
If these tit-for-tat insults continue then the thread will be closed.
FYI I can see the warning on the post #20
I don't think users should be able to see that, correct?

warning.webp

Here's the problem. If one bothers to read my "inappropriate" posting, I was addressing the insults that the unbiased staff allowed to remain without any action, implicitly condoning them. Then, when I received the warning, I called Mike on it.

Instead of a similar response, I guess he chose to delete the others posts, protecting the posters and placing mine outside of any meaningful context.

I'm sure the idea is to embarrass, but I don't embarrass easily nor do I ever retreat. I stand firm on what I believe.

So I challenge them to do the right thing. Delete that post (and this one afterwards).

Beyond that, there is a level of hypocrisy that is just too amusing to pass over. What you see before you is the very censorship you claim to be against. But here's the ugly truth. There is no high-minded principles in play. As actions show louder than words, its not that anyone is against censorship as long as it happens to someone else.

Time to close the thread then seeing as a request to stay on topic and subsequent warning have been ignored.

I've got better things to do than babysit threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom