Some sad news

Well his paid addons don’t seem to be for sale on his site any longer. But I am sure if an issue arises with one of them the community will step in and help support it.

Those that already own a copy of his paid add-ons may now consider them to be open source and MIT licensed.

This is indeed sad news.

I use one of his add-ons on one of my sites and used his license validation add-on on my old site (which Ozzy took over).

As I recall, any interaction I had with him as a developer was always quite cordial and to me, he seemed more intelligent than most.

RIP Liam, you'll be missed.

Suicide, as a military veteran, has taken so much from me—but I completely understand from his last letter where he was coming from.

I've vowed in a 75 mile radius, that I'll be there in an hour (all I can do), to talk anyone through the night or day with no questions asked.

If I physically can't get there due to many geographical restraints, I will be there on the phone with you until we can conclude that another day is worth living, or, I'll be your ear; I'll be anything you need for as long as I can out last you in the sense that you peacefully go to bed and give up the idea of suicide or talk you into finding the aide that you need, and see it through to the end, and will even go as far as helping you with some medical bills for the first step in many to recovery.

I don't want to make this about myself, but someone very close to me, and was always the life of the party, decided his fate and shocked me as the "call for help" was about a day before. He asked me to come, but round trip it was $300 when I had nothing to my name besides a bed and a roof over my head. That makes me question myself, every single day, 11 years later, whether I could've prevented it with a small loan.

If you are feeling blue, Veteran or not, inbox me and we'll figure something out together. There is always someone there that cares when the light goes out. It does haunt the ones closest, for a long long time, and annoying as it may be: once I learn your Veteran status, I will follow up with you.

RIP Liam and I hope you found what you're looking for. Prayers to everyone close to him to help them get through, never forgetting, and like me, always there to help someone else.

A takeaway to everyone who made it this far: Make it a priority to start and end your day with a compliment to someone about anything or ask them how they're doing, even if they're a complete stranger to you.

This is absolutely horrific. I'm shocked and appalled that someone could get into such a state that they feel this is the only way forward.

I'm so sorry on so many levels. :(

Sad news. He was a very friendly guy and sure his reputation will live on. My condolences to his family and everyone involved.

Last edited:
I commissioned some work from him over the years, he was always great and had a keen eye for understanding other people's programming. I am devastated to hear the news. My heart goes out to his family.

Requiescat in Pace Liam.

He will be missed for certain. In 2010 when the Discovery series Storm Chasers was still airing, one of the chasers who rode in the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) was found hanging from the floor joists in the basement of the family’s home. He was so young, had a very bright future, and it was just so hard to understand. You never know what someone is thinking but if they let anyone know they’re depressed and thinking of ending it all we have to do everything we can to get them help. Sometimes it comes as a complete surprise so there isn’t anything anyone can do. Although I didn’t personally know Liam, I saw many of his posts on XF and could tell he was very adept at what he was doing. Nonetheless, our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones during this difficult tim. 💔🖥

Sad news. While I did not work with Liam at all myself, it sounds like a valued life has been lost and that's always a sad time. RIP.

Liam’s family have set up a charity donation page in Liam's memory just in case anyone who knew him would like to contribute in some way with a message or anything they'd like to give.

They have nominated Student Minds as their charity, as it holds a lot of relevance to Liam.

Furthermore, Liam’s funeral will be held on 11th March, and the family would like to read any messages or testimonials from those who knew him. If you would like to leave a message, please do so either on the charity donation page or right here in this thread. I will pass on the link to Liam’s family.

Thanks everyone.

I was suffering from a depression called burn-out due to my work. I was working too much, a work with a lot of important tasks, managing people, and also I had to travel during the weekend without seeing my wife who was pregnant.. This wasn’t a life for me as I couldn’t really enjoy life during the time being. This has now been "sorted". Thanks to the doctor who followed me, my family and my friends. I can totally understand why Liam did that. Sometimes life is ****.. and it comes where you think about dead.. Liam, you will be missed my dear friend. Not because you were an amazing developer, ause you were an amazing human being and a cutest men. I totally regret to not being present for you once you needed help..

I hope you’re good where you at now.. I pray to see you again someday in the Heaven. RIP Liam and good luck to your family! 😔

Top Bottom