Social Status Updater [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so I think this is a server config issue.

If you look at http://mydomain.om/admin.php?tools/phpinfo

You should find a configuration line: session.save_path

From the error, I'm expecting the path to be listed as:

/var/lib/php5

It seems the permissions aren't set correctly on this folder for PHP sessions so I would contact your host or seek advice for adjusting the value yourself.

session_start is a pretty standard PHP function.

I have a question. I use this modification. Can I use the same Twitter app that I use on this application just like it uses the same Facebook integration?

Also: It seems like after I integrate with Facebook, I have to integrate with Twitter as well to post to one or both.

Edit: Found a "small" error: "With this option enabled, the Friend Inviter will use the Facebook App ID and Secret as specified in the Facebook Integration options." I think that should be Social Status instead of Friend Inviter.

I have a question. I use this modification. Can I use the same Twitter app that I use on this application just like it uses the same Facebook integration?

Also: It seems like after I integrate with Facebook, I have to integrate with Twitter as well to post to one or both.

Edit: Found a "small" error: "With this option enabled, the Friend Inviter will use the Facebook App ID and Secret as specified in the Facebook Integration options." I think that should be Social Status instead of Friend Inviter.
XenForo doesn't make use of any Twitter apps so if you have one that will be another add on. You're welcome to use the credentials from another twitter app but you have to ensure the twitter-callback page is set as your callback URL and that might not play friendly with the other app. If that makes sense.

Hmm you should be able to link your account to one or the other. You don't have to use both. Are you saying that you link to Facebook then you have to link to Twitter as well? That could be a bug.

And yes... Oops. That's a copy paste bug from my friend invitee add on ;)

It does with XenPorta now too ;)

QWD4G.png

I'll release shortly.

Haven't tried Widget Framework yet.

Confirmed. It already works on WF so I will release now to add the XenPorta block functionality.

Chris Deeming updated Social Status Updater with a new update entry:

Minor new feature: Now supports XenPorta Status Update Block

This minor update introduces support for the XenPorta Status Update block.

To confirm, this adds the ability to send your status updates to Twitter and Facebook in the following locations:
  • Visitor tab drop down
  • Profile page
  • Personal Details settings page
  • Widget Framework status update widget
  • XenPorta Status Update block

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is great. I suggest to make possible that also Facebook statuses and tweets will be posted on the profile statuses of members. Users use more FB and Twitter than the status feature on forum, and with this feature the activity on members profiles will increase.

There is no way to do that unfortunately. Great idea though. If ever there is an API that allows things to go the other way it would be a great feature :)

XenForo doesn't make use of any Twitter apps so if you have one that will be another add on. You're welcome to use the credentials from another twitter app but you have to ensure the twitter-callback page is set as your callback URL and that might not play friendly with the other app. If that makes sense.

Hmm you should be able to link your account to one or the other. You don't have to use both. Are you saying that you link to Facebook then you have to link to Twitter as well? That could be a bug.

And yes... Oops. That's a copy paste bug from my friend invitee add on ;)
I have tried setting up the Twitter App by itself and with the one provided. The apps are set up exactly the same (except that I added Read & Write to the authentication so I can use it for both). Yes, I am saying that when I link Facebook, it requires me to link Twitter as well.

You update your Facebook status and it feeds into IPB?

Hmm, I might look at how they implement that... Technically I guess it is possible...

Leave it with me, but no promises on that one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom