Smilies?

I have to confess to being a smiliaholic, I have hundreds on my site, a lot of which were made by me ages ago for the IPB base yellow smilie.

Glad to hear someone is working on more, I might have a go at making some unique ones if I get some time :)

It would be nice to have a unique xenforo base size and style of smilie so community members can make their own. I think in this day and age they can be a little larger and clearer than the old style vB ones ;)

I have to confess to being a smiliaholic, I have hundreds on my site, a lot of which were made by me ages ago for the IPB base yellow smilie.

Glad to hear someone is working on more, I might have a go at making some unique ones if I get some time :)

It would be nice to have a unique xenforo base size and style of smilie so community members can make their own. I think in this day and age they can be a little larger and clearer than the old style vB ones ;)
Yes please have a go at it. I think they're going with 18 x 18 for defaults.

Even as an self-proclaimed UI-freak ;), I find default smilies not that important, because one can choose from a goldmine of available smilies on the internet. When vB3 was released I really did not like the smilies that much, so I replaced them with the Bad Bunny Smilies: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...;p=524506#post524506.

Having said that, I really like the XenForo default smilies. I don't even feel the need to change them.

Even as an self-proclaimed UI-freak ;), I find default smilies not that important, because one can choose from a goldmine of available smilies on the internet. When vB3 was released I really did not like the smilies that much, so I replaced them with the Bad Bunny Smilies: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...;p=524506#post524506.

Having said that, I really like the XenForo default smilies.
I like them also, the details are nice.

Okies Peggy, if I get a chance I will, the IPB ones which are fabulous are 20x20 and I honestly think that is a fine, however there was always a slight problem with centering their faces as it was a even number of px it actually should be an odd number, they would look awesome at 21x21.

I quite like them too Kier, they have a charm :) from a graphic designer view point they could be cleaner tho ;)

We need more emoticons. At least an Alien one. :(

If you don't have at least a 100 smilies on your site then you are not a smilie fan and the smilie dragon will descend and burn your house down :mad: Okay I might have made that last bit up ... or did I?

Sign me on board smilie creation for xF as well, have we settled on 21x21? Made a bunch for Invision and kind of enjoyed that. You can neither have enough smilies imho.

Top Bottom