Fixed Smilies not appearing in editor

Ok so what would I look at that caused the smilies to not work now that I upgraded to 2.1? I have checked that they are uploaded and are enabled but clicking on them in the editor doesn't bring up the box.

I think I'm maybe not being clear. I used XF 1.5 to convert my forum to XF about a year ago, then updated to XF 2.0. The smilies worked fine on 2.0 and every revision since then. I just updated to XF 2.1 and now the smilies are broken.

I understand that I have to convert the database to get the emojis working but I imagine that's seperate from the smilies that were working and now are not.

We really need more information than you've provided. What do you mean "broken" / "not working"? Which smilies specifically?

We'd recommend making sure they've been upgraded to XF 2.1.1 first as there may be relevant fixes there.

What addons do you have installed? Are you using default theme? Either a non compatible theme or addon could be causing this.

We really need more information than you've provided. What do you mean "broken" / "not working"? Which smilies specifically?

We'd recommend making sure they've been upgraded to XF 2.1.1 first as there may be relevant fixes there.

None of the default Xenforo smilies work when clicking on the smilie icon in the editor, the available smilies don't even show up. They do show up if you type the shortcode in the message. The smilies are installed and worked fine in the editor before upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1. I even deleted all the smilies and re-imported them using the default smilies zip file posted earlier in this thread.

What addons do you have installed? Are you using default theme? Either a non compatible theme or addon could be causing this.

Addons haven't changed, I tried using the default Xenforo theme and they still don't work through the editor.

Sorry I thought I replied yesterday but this message was sitting in the editor lol.

None of the default Xenforo smilies work when clicking on the smilie icon in the editor, the available smilies don't even show up. They do show up if you type the shortcode in the message. The smilies are installed and worked fine in the editor before upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1. I even deleted all the smilies and re-imported them using the default smilies zip file posted earlier in this thread.
I think it's best to just upgrade to XF 2.1.1 in the first instance, and then see if anything has changed afterwards.

If not, you'll likely need to submit a ticket with login details for your Admin CP and we'll see if we can see what's going wrong.

I think it's best to just upgrade to XF 2.1.1 in the first instance, and then see if anything has changed afterwards.

If not, you'll likely need to submit a ticket with login details for your Admin CP and we'll see if we can see what's going wrong.

I did upgrade to 2.1.1 thats when the problem started. I apologize as I realize I said 2.1 before, I should have clarified that it was 2.1.1, I went from 2.0.11 I believe to 2.1.1.

Top Bottom