Implemented Smilie (Smiley) Categories or Sort Weighting

ArnyVee

I'd like to add different smilies to the site (have about 200), but I want to wait until there is that "the dropdown list extends for like a mile" issue is resolved.

In the meantime, I've added a couple of extra ones and I'd like to sort them out away from the default smileys. Can we either have categories for the smilies or have a weighing added to the smilies to display certain ones first or in a particular order?

Upvote 107
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We've got nearly 40 "likes" on this thread and I sure hope that it ranks up there with some of the other requests like "custom profile fields", etc. The higher up on that total "likes" list we are, the more likely that either another coder will put this together or Mike/Kier can add it to xenForo. :D

Crossing over the 40 "likes" on this thread. :)

With the attention being paid to smilies in some posts, I think we'll get our way sooner than later ;)

I think we will see sorting before categories. Eitherway, if category's are being introduced earlier than I think (I honestly don't think they will) then it would be nice to see frontend catergory navigation introduced where we can click a icon and it horizontally shifts to that category wasting no space had you display categories vertically.

I'd love to have both, but if we get sorting done first that's fine with me :D

Shelley, I'm not sure what you mean by the shifting of the categories.

We have hundreds of smilies. What I do miss from vB was Smilie Categories. It has a window for the main used ones and drop down showing a list of other categories, such as happy birthday, angry, happy, dancing, etc. Worked really well.

Yea. this is one that should be core to XF.

Any word on this?

I run a gaming forum so it would be great to have a categorization feature with the smilies as smilies are added as character gameplay is, and the current system just shows the smilies at the end as they were added so I have notation, characters, then a notation one and a character one, etc.

I agree Lone Wolf. And, we have about 60 others that agree as well ;)

Hopefully we can get this added in the 1.1 version of xF (although I doubt it). If not, then we can always hope for it to be included in 1.2 :)

Top Bottom