Implemented Smilie (Smiley) Categories or Sort Weighting

ArnyVee

I'd like to add different smilies to the site (have about 200), but I want to wait until there is that "the dropdown list extends for like a mile" issue is resolved.

In the meantime, I've added a couple of extra ones and I'd like to sort them out away from the default smileys. Can we either have categories for the smilies or have a weighing added to the smilies to display certain ones first or in a particular order?

Upvote 107
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Our developer finished the add-on. Since we're moving and upgrading our server, we haven't really had a chance to install and test the add-on on our board yet. So we're searching for 1-2 testers who want to test the add-on.
I'll be more than willing to test it on out boards.

Our developer finished the add-on. Since we're moving and upgrading our server, we haven't really had a chance to install and test the add-on on our board yet. So we're searching for 1-2 testers who want to test the add-on.

Glad that there are plenty of folks willing to test :)

Can't wait to see what you and your developer have come up with :D

Wish I was, but I'm part of quality and testing on several other addons right now and just don't have the time to dedicate to it. I'd love to hear if someone else has been invited as of yet.

Out of curiosity are any of you currently testing the add-on?
I did send the add-on to both of them and one person who PMed me.
Do you want a copy?

Both of the testers reported no issues yet. We haven't released the add-on yet because we want to wait til we have it installed and run officially on our board.

Glad that there are plenty of folks willing to test :)

Can't wait to see what you and your developer have come up with :D

And here is what it looks like

_00.webp_001.webp

I did send the add-on to both of them and one person who PMed me.
Do you want a copy?

Both of the testers reported no issues yet. We haven't released the add-on yet because we want to wait til we have it installed and run officially on our board.

And here is what it looks like

View attachment 34496View attachment 34497

Nice, Looking good so far.

Could I make a suggestion and suggest that the spacing between the smilies are decreased? The seem to far apart from one another. (Below) Not sure whether yours are spaced more though it looks like they are helps with those with fixed styles.

happyplace_smiley_spacing.webp

Sure I wouldn't mind a copy for testing. I'll pm you shortly and thanks for having this developed, no worries about wanting to have it on your site first perfectly understandable I was more asking because I was skeptical whether this would be done but looks like your flying through this getting it developed. Well done htdesignz.

Another suggestion, rather than have the arrows show they appear when you hover inside the smiley area? Not sure whether you wanted to go down that route. Looking very good though.

Id love to test it too htdesignz
Sent

Nice, Looking good so far.

Could I make a suggestion and suggest that the spacing between the smilies are decreased? The seem to far apart from one another. (Below) Not sure whether yours are spaced more though it looks like they are helps with those with fixed styles.

View attachment 34500

Sure I wouldn't mind a copy for testing. I'll pm you shortly and thanks for having this developed, no worries about wanting to have it on your site first perfectly understandable I was more asking because I was skeptical whether this would be done but looks like your flying through this getting it developed. Well done htdesignz.

Another suggestion, rather than have the arrows show they appear when you hover inside the smiley area? Not sure whether you wanted to go down that route. Looking very good though.
When we have it installed on our board, we'll look at the spacing between the smilies. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
I'm sure the developer who created this add-on read your post. I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.

Sent

When we have it installed on our board, we'll look at the spacing between the smilies. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
I'm sure the developer who created this add-on read your post. I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.

Forget what I said about the spacing between the smilies. After working with it i think they are fine the way your developer spaced them and look good as they are.

With almost 350 customizations (modifications, template edits, skins, add-ons, file edits, and 3rd party products) installed ..... I think I could surely lend a hand and tell you if there are any conflicts.

So yes, I'd like to test this too please

Top Bottom