Smiley Manager

Smiley Manager 2.2.0

No permission to download
I managed to somehow screw up my admincp today trying to upgrade to 1.3.0

I hadn't realized there was an issue with this resource before trying the upgrade.

I went to unistall the addon but after running the upgrade like a dumbass and the system froze during the uninstall. When I refreshed the page to my admincp it was gone. I have a thread about it posted here.http://xenforo.com/community/thread...on-uninstall-causing-admincp-to-vamish.71000/ My webhost used to take hourly backups of my system but apparently they stopped taking them when my data passed 10 gigs and did not inform me so I do not have a site backup. I am desperate for help. I would be more than willing to pay someone to help me here. I can not manage my site without an Admincp :(

My boards are running fine after I rewrote the files back to the 1.2.5 version but no Admincp at all. I am completely lost as to how to fix this.

If you look on my boards the smiley manager seems to be gone. I am assuming this because when you try and load the smileys they are all jumbled up....

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out here. Like I said I am desperate to fix this...

Last edited:
For future reference... anytime you do an upgrade you should disable your add-ons (just to be on safe side) via the config.php method I reflected.

Yea, I definitely will be doing that from now on. I am waiting for the new files to upload. FOr some reason filezilla stoped connecting to my server so I had to open cyberduck to do it..

Untitled.webp I just tried to upgrade again and still get the same error with everything disabled :(

I have no clue how to fix this.

When I upgrade to 1.3 this is what the boards look like.

Untitled.webp

Well I finally got it. I hadn't deleted the spritecow files and that seems to be what was hanging me up. Becuase of the spritecow files it wasn't letting me run the queries required.

After running the quires post file removal I reran the upgrade and it finally finished and let me back into the admincp.

Thank you so much for your help Tracy! :)

Last edited:
For future reference... anytime you do an upgrade you should disable your add-ons (just to be on safe side) via the config.php method I reflected.

See I'm not the only one to not see notices..

Not everyone lives on here and reads every post/thread. Just sayin..

See I'm not the only one to not see notices..

Not everyone lives on here and reads every post/thread. Just sayin..
Just saying... due diligence is YOUR responsibility. The results for failure to use it are YOUR responsibility.

Just saying... due diligence is YOUR responsibility. The results for failure to use it are YOUR responsibility.

That's exactly how vBulletin lost a lot of members.

Bottom line, they copied this resource, they caused the issue with 1.3. At least they could have put something that would alert a member during an upgrade. Not for every resource, but AGAIN their idea came from this resource!
Whatever, it's always the consumers fault. Great cop-out. That's the easy way to be lazy.

I'd be wondering how they have the authority to copy my resource... I'm sure it's not their fault.

That's exactly how vBulletin lost a lot of members.
Poor coding design occurs everywhere. Anyone with any sense knows not to use the standard software prefixing format as it can (and usually does) cause problems later. Hell, I'm not a coder and I know that.

Bottom line, they copied this resource, they caused the issue with 1.3. At least they could have put something that would alert a member during an upgrade. Not for every resource, but AGAIN their idea came from this resource!
Whatever, it's always the consumers fault. Great cop-out. That's the easy way to be lazy.
Bottom line (redacted - after reading this sounded a little harsh and I apologize) is that it had been discussed for a while of the need for it (why do you think an add-on was developed). There is no published road map so nobody but those coding XenForo know what was planned. The problem is (and apparently you are having problems understanding this) is ADD-ONS SHOULD NOT use the xf_ database naming scheme in the add-on - in addition, if they are adding to an existing table make the entry add-on specific. That's simply lack of foresight upon the part of the author - especially if you use something that is likely to be used in future upgrades.
@Luke Foreman uses dark_ prefix for his post ratings. @tenants uses sf_ prefix for his. @Chris D uses xengallery_ for his gallery add-on. Seeing anything similar yet.
XenForo uses the xf_ prefix for their DB entries and by good coding practices NO add-on developer should use those - because it results in exactly what happened here. To expect them to check every add-on to see if they are using the xf_ prefix is just a tad bit ridiculous.

I'd be wondering how they have the authority to copy my resource... I'm sure it's not their fault.
Have you even compared the code?

Last edited:
To expect them to check every add-on to see if they are using the xf_ prefix is just a tad bit ridiculous.
Have you even compared the code?

I never said I expected them to check every resource. I think you're missing my point totally.

Putting out a product that has features a resemblance to something tends to get people in trouble. Apple vs Samsung, XF vs IB.

Sounds like you are not interested in seeing how they could prevent, obviously more than myself, from running into issues.

It's my fault. My apologies. Everything in this world is use at your own risk.

Putting out a product that has features a resemblance to something tends to get people in trouble. Apple vs Samsung, XF vs IB.
Smilies on a forum (and in categories) have been out longer than this add-on (or even XenForo) have been. Hell, I even had them on my BBS when I ran it back in '85. ;)

Sounds like you are not interested in seeing how they could prevent, obviously more than myself, from running into issues.
Heck... it bit me also. I had only upgraded one of my forums to 1.3 BETA to test it out (and I used this on all of them). The one I upgraded I remembered to do it on. The other two (when I upgraded) I simply forgot to. Once I saw the problem I cam into the discussion area, found the solution and viola - was up and running. It DID involve me doing a little leg work - but that's to be expected when you administer a forum.

I"m not trying to say they owe me anything.

For something that will 100% crash your upgrade and was told in that thread I would have to restore my site, then uninstall this resource.. That to me is bad. A better courtesy would have been nice.

I today saw a query that would fix the issue without restoring in here.

A courtesy would have been nice. Obviously I didn't see the seriousness of the conflict.

@Milano

I noticed with the import, this used to auto-populate the "text to replace".

Do you have plans to re-add that? Currently it's blank when you add a bulk amount.

Top Bottom