Smiley Manager

Smiley Manager 2.2.0

No permission to download
FYI due to the way smilie parser works, all smilies from message will not be parsed if their amount are greater than the option, unlike the images or media embeds per message that only ignore the exceeding parts.

This works but it looks ridiculous when the whole message are all large smilies that can not be displayed, as a result, you will see a blank/empty message.

This can be done but it can not stop or alert user before posting the status because we can only get the dimension of smiley after the message has been posted and parsed.

No worries Milano, thanks for looking into it all and taking the time out to see if it was possible. Much appreciated. :)

I found the template thanks to Allan's posting it above HOWEVER what about people using the BD Widget Framework? Is there a way to enable it for us?

Last edited:
I found the template thanks to Allan's posting it above HOWEVER what about people using the BD Widget Framework? Is there a way to enable it for us?

It should work if you are using XF 1.4 but i think you're not

So nobody knows the ancient Chinese secrets of getting this to work with BD Framework? ;)

You need to create new template modification by yourself

Code:
Template: wf_widget_profile_posts_profile_post
Search Type: Simple Replacement
Find: {xen:helper bodyText, $profilePost.message}
Replace: {xen:helper parseSmilies, $0}

I'm trying to add this sprite sheet (32x32), but can't seem to single out the emoticons. It selects a large chunk of them whenever I click on any single emoticon.

It does however work great with this version of the same sprite sheet (64x64).

Any ideas on why this is?

chunk.webp

Last edited:
I'd like the smilies to show up at the bottom of the post. Instead they show up in directly below the smiley button and there's a smiley picker next to it. How do I get my preferred smilies to show up at the bottom of the post when I click on the smiley button?

I'd like the smilies to show up at the bottom of the post. Instead they show up in directly below the smiley button and there's a smiley picker next to it. How do I get my preferred smilies to show up at the bottom of the post when I click on the smiley button?
The Redactor editor in XenForo 1.2 and above displays the smilies below the posts. You're either using an older version of XenForo (ie 1.1.x) which uses the TinyMCE editor or you're using an add-on that changes the default editor in XenForo 1.2 onwards. You either need to upgrade to a newer version of XenForo or remove the editor add-on. Also there is some smiley management functionality built into XenForo 1.4 and above.

The Redactor editor in XenForo 1.2 and above displays the smilies below the posts. You're either using an older version of XenForo (ie 1.1.x) which uses the TinyMCE editor or you're using an add-on that changes the default editor in XenForo 1.2 onwards. You either need to upgrade to a newer version of XenForo or remove the editor add-on. Also there is some smiley management functionality built into XenForo 1.4 and above.
It was our TinyMceQuattro editor. The problem is that it is so much better than the default editor.

Hey @Milano, hoping you can lend me a hand. I'm working on upgrading a forum from 1.2 -> 1.4

I updated to 1.1.2b, then I uninstalled Smiley Manager. I updated the forum 1.4 fine, but now when I try to install 2.0.1a or 2.2.0 I get an error. I think the FAQ should clarify you need to install 2.0.0 first, and then update THAT to the latest version, if doing that upgrade.

Also, after I upgraded to 1.4, before trying to reinstall Smiley Manager, I wasn't able to do Create New Smilie Category, it said route not found. Not sure if that was a left over side effect from Smiley Manager or not.

I do not have the Enable Quickload Smiley mode in my preferences????

browsing-preferences-xenforo-png.61414

Last edited:
Top Bottom