Sitemap

Fastline

By default, the Sitemap settings are there. I created one post and searched on Google but no results for my forum. I visited the forum of XF and searched for the latest post which was created 10mins ago when writing this and it was there. So how is this possible. Do i need to do something additional for achieving this?

This is the setting
I'm using XF 2.0.10

Attachments

• Sitemap Settings.webp
    Sitemap Settings.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 33
Yes but you can use this one too ! ;)
Any advantage of this?
And what i see is the Google crawl the posts of XF even two minutes ago. But not mine. Any idea and suggestions?
It has been a day and the post is still not crawled

Any advantage of this?
And what i see is the Google crawl the posts of XF even two minutes ago. But not mine. Any idea and suggestions?
It has been a day and the post is still not crawled
Precisely you can use the Google Search Engine to submit your sitemap, then the robots will explore your site. You can manage the URLs you want to explore, and delete the ones you want too. You have statistics like pages that can't be found, etc. ;)

Precisely you can use the Google Search Engine to submit your sitemap, then the robots will explore your site. You can manage the URLs you want to explore, and delete the ones you want too. You have statistics like pages that can't be found, etc. ;)
Hmm. Thanks
So what's the best way? And quick?
Any idea what XF uses?
And i've seen some forums which have more than one sitemaps. For some, i've seen near about 19 Sitemaps

Hmm. Thanks
So what's the best way? And quick?
Any idea what XF uses?
And i've seen some forums which have more than one sitemaps. For some, i've seen near about 19 Sitemaps
XML sitemap generation :
Screenshot_2.webp

But I think they also use Google Search Engine ^^

Just because Google has a site map for a website does not mean it's going to crawl all pages, or any of them. Google gives every site its own crawl budget. If its a new site and does not much activity, don't expect Google to crawl every new thread quickly.
Thank you for the reply. Now i understand it more better.

So which method shall i use as the forum is new?
Automatic or manual?

Just because Google has a site map for a website does not mean it's going to crawl all pages, or any of them. Google gives every site its own crawl budget. If its a new site and does not much activity, don't expect Google to crawl every new thread quickly.
And just because it is crawled, doesn't mean it will be indexed.
Thank you for the reply. Now i understand it more better.

So which method shall i use as the forum is new?
Automatic or manual?
Either one. The manual will let google know you want that specific thread looked at. IMO, that probably gives it more weight than being signaled by a sitemap.

Agree. Neither method has an advantage when it comes to Google crawling rate and effects search engine ranking. Manual submission merely connects the map to your Google Search Console account. I have my sitemaps in Search Console for this reason, so I can see the reports connect to the sitemaps, etc.

And just because it is crawled, doesn't mean it will be indexed.

Either one. The manual will let google know you want that specific thread looked at. IMO, that probably gives it more weight than being signaled by a sitemap.
Thank you for making me this understand. So shall i connect to Google Webmasters and then submit the Sitemap? And also turn off the Automatic submission from XF?

Also, how often i need to submit the Sitemap again?

Agree. Neither method has an advantage when it comes to Google crawling rate and effects search engine ranking. Manual submission merely connects the map to your Google Search Console account. I have my sitemaps in Search Console for this reason, so I can see the reports connect to the sitemaps, etc.
Yeah, right!

So i've finally created and submitted the sitemap. But the information seems wrong. The image is only 4 but there are several images in the posts.

Top Bottom