XF 1.4 Sitemap XML

XenForo 1.4 includes a complete and extensible implementation of the Sitemap XML standard, allowing for optimised indexing of your site by search engines.

for like SEO and stuff...

Watch on Vimeo

As always, please don't post suggestions in this thread, but rather use the appropriate suggestions forum.

Solid implementation. No longer need some addons for this and we can also extend our addons to support this. Love it when a good plan comes together!

Great.
But with much potential. ;)
What about an image Sitemap?
A News Sitemap for a special Set of Forums?

Did you only use Items, that are visible to guests?
What about to use here the Active User Handler, we saw a fres days ago?

You said, you split the sitemap, right? The max. Items should be 50.000 per File. Now, if I have more than one Million Posts to insert into the sitemap, how do split them? Are all Sitemaps be redone every night?

A Sitemap Splitting would be great, so that we can take a good view inside the Google Webmastertools to the Sitemaps. It would be intertesting to use user-Sitemaps, Node-Sitemaps, etc. so we have better statistics and control.

Are these Feature Requests, I should write inside the approciate forum? ^^

Last edited:
There's no option. It goes to Google and Bing. You (or an add-on) can manipulate that if desired:
Code:
    protected $_sitemapPingUrls = array(
        'Google' => 'http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ping?sitemap=%s',
        'Bing' => 'http://www.bing.com/ping?sitemap=%s'
    );
Thanks Mike.

Did you only use Items, that are visible to guests?
Yes. You can see this mentioned in the UI on the options page.

What about to use here the Active User Handler, we saw a fres days ago?
That's unrelated. This is mostly about simplifying the crawling process for a search engine and possibly exposing content that might not be explicitly linked otherwise. If the user's profile is guest viewable, it would be submitted.

You said, you split the sitemap, right? The max. Items should be 50.000 per File. Now, if I have more than one Million Posts to insert into the sitemap, how do split them? Are all Sitemaps be redone every night?
We're splitting on size right now. I will need to double check the count aspect as well to ensure we don't trip that.

Yes, the entire thing will be rebuilt. There isn't really any other way of handling situations where previously visible content disappears (permission changes, deletions, etc).

Thanks.

I just watched again and recognized, that you did not set the changefreq data. Has that a reason?

With this data, it is possible to configure a bit the crawler.

It can make sense, to set this for new threads to daily, and for older to monthly.

Unrelated to this feature, I can also advice to submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. It gives you a detailed report about all submitted urls.

Top Bottom