1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Site down with server error.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Lone Wolf, May 24, 2015.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

My dev site has been down for a couple of days with this error...

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

..today I enabled Debug mode and found the following server error repeated....

Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 166318 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:208
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(33) "http://domain.org/deferred.php"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The memory error isn't related to the DB error you were receiving (it's not a DB error). If you see that DB error message, view the page source to see more details.

The memory error unfortunately doesn't have enough detail to give a specific suggestion as it is just an error happening within a query. This is usually related to an add-on. You may wish to try disabling all add-ons to see if that helps clear it.
    Lone Wolf likes this.
  3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened on my live site but it cleared itself in about 15 minutes a couple of days ago. I should track down the bad addon.