Single Sign On (Slave) by Waindigo [Deleted]

Yeah, I've looked.

I fixed and now when I enter the subdomain with a user gives me error on the master but also automatically enters

Hey Waindigo,

We have installed the Single Sign on plugin but we are having some issues with user accounts that exist on both servers before we instituted single sign on.. How should we handle identical usernames that are the same user that existed before Single sign on was instituted.

Here is an error one of those users is getting:

Getting the following errormessage when logging in:
"Single Sign On could not complete as your profile could not be validated,
possibly your username is already taken, a duplicate was found or you do
not meet the age requirements."

Have tried "reset password", but get: The requested member could not be found.

Deleted all cookies: Not working
Using: Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m

Thanks,
-Bill

Last edited:
I've been playing with the SSO AddOn for a few hours now, and I was wondering if "Automatic authentication when you visit a sister site" meant that, upon visiting a "slave" site, if the visitor is authenticated on the "master" site, it automatically logs you in on the "slave" site?

I've been trying to make this work, without success. Thanks!

I've been playing with the SSO AddOn for a few hours now, and I was wondering if "Automatic authentication when you visit a sister site" meant that, upon visiting a "slave" site, if the visitor is authenticated on the "master" site, it automatically logs you in on the "slave" site?

I've been trying to make this work, without success. Thanks!
It means that if you visit any slave site and log in, then you won't need to log in to the master site.

Hey Waindigo,

We have installed the Single Sign on plugin but we are having some issues with user accounts that exist on both servers before we instituted single sign on.. How should we handle identical usernames that are the same user that existed before Single sign on was instituted.

Here is an error one of those users is getting:

Thanks,
-Bill
@Waindigo

hi there. looks like a great addon, but half my members fail to synch manually due to this:
The field \'facebook_auth_id\' was not recognised.', ): 376
is this due to the slave running a much older version of xenforo (1.2.2)? (yes, it was)

Last edited:
Greetings Waindigo,

I note that with plugin places a XenSSO directory in the internal_data/ directory. If I have Load Balanced servers that DO NOT share those directories, could that cause an error/issue?
In other words which ever server runs whatever php scripts that are involved, only that server will get a copy of the files that get written there. The next visitor could land on one of the other servers where the newly created file will not exist.

Thanks,
-Bill

I set up the master and slave add ons, and tried running the synchronization tool on the Slave. It only synced the Slave forum admin account. I was under the impression it would import users from the master to sync them on the slave, is that incorrect?

If so, is there a good way to go about that? I want a setup where people only have accounts on the master forum, and simply use that to log in on the slave(s)

@Jon W
I'm having the same issue a few others are having now.

AT8OKAK.png

The master board is running 1.4.6 , slave is running 1.4.8.

@Warchamp7 I saw that your site is running some form of SSO. Was it this plugin or did you find another?

@Jon W I created an account but never got a verification notice on these forums. Not sure if thats something you can help with or not.
Username on waindigo.org is the same as it is here.

I just ran the sync process and all users are flagged as "Invalid Result Data". Some of the users existed on master but not all of them. Any ideas why all the users are falling into this group?

Here is the server error log, looks like our 301 redirect might be causing the issue.

Exception: Waindigo_XenSso_Slave_ControllerAdmin_Sync::Waindigo_XenSso_Slave_ControllerAdmin_Sync::actionSyncProcess - Unexpected result: '<html> <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> ' - library/Waindigo/XenSso/Slave/ControllerAdmin/Sync.php:78

Last edited:
Top Bottom