Add-on Simple Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner. It overrides the display order and lists portal items chronologically.

I think I'll just have to Rage quit now.

Kidding of course, I'm more than happy to have your link what will be a fine product. But just so you know I'll be Rage quitting in 3. 2. 1........ *implodes*

edit: Congrats Mouth. :)

Reactions: Dan
Just a small announcement.
I have noticed that people think that they will be able to link a forum to our Simple Portal. This is not the case. Posts will only appear on the Simple Portal when a person with the right permission promotes a post/thread there. It will in no way happen automatically.
We are also thinking about giving you the possibility to promote resources, gallery images, blog posts and pages to our Simple Portal.

So to pull stuff on to the portal display there must be a selected thread?
That's the basic function?

It would be nice to have a box display the last 6 new threads.

We are also thinking about giving you the possibility to promote resources

YES

Reactions: Dan
Yes. Simple, Huh? :p
Thank you - I like to have precise understanding.

You can incorporate one of the widget frameworks to display this in a sidebar if you wish.
Yes but ... my sidebar is crowded :(
AND it goes on almost every page.
The latest NEW threads (not updates as in whats new) is something I think is useful on arrival but not so much later in the visit. So it suits the portal page
Just an idea I'm not yammering to have it added right now

I think of the portal as a collection of LATEST! stuff so as well as specific threads I / or enabled user promote because we estimate these are most important / or they make it look a good range of topics/whatever, there's the simple concept "new stuff" -
otherwise the threads we promote are only part of the picture of "new stuff" - something really good arrives but we didnt select it - how could we? when we did not know it was coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom