Add-on Simple Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have a little fun before our official release. The winner of this little contest will win a branding free version of simple portal. The contest is simple (get it;)) : The first person who can correctly explain the highlighted function in the following screenshot wins the SimplePortal branding free.
View attachment 43813
It defines the page as the index page where all the featured news will come up. :cool:

Promoting certain threads to the front page?

Basically the ability to promote specific threads to the front page. I like the idea.
It appears it will give you the option to promote which thread you want on top too...this is nice.

Just a small announcement.

I have noticed that people think that they will be able to link a forum to our Simple Portal. This is not the case. Posts will only appear on the Simple Portal when a person with the right permission promotes a post/thread there. It will in no way happen automatically.

We are also thinking about giving you the possibility to promote resources, gallery images, blog posts and pages to our Simple Portal.

I have noticed that people think that they will be able to link a forum to our Simple Portal. This is not the case. Posts will only appear on the Simple Portal when a person with the right permission promotes a post/thread there. It will in no way happen automatically.
Such a shame :( It cannot do both?
You said earlier today that the RSS feed was an interesting idea ... now I guess not!? Because it is a good idea, and why reinvent the wheel? XF already has feeder to bring RSS automatically into a node/forum, and then SimplePortal just (also) display the content of this forum/node. And if I want to promote an existing thread, we'll I can either do it manually into SimplePortal, or just move the thread into the SimplePortal linked node/forum and it's done too. Gives a whole lot of flexibility and options to the admin.

Let's have a little fun before our official release. The winner of this little contest will win a branding free version of simple portal. The contest is simple (get it;)) : The first person who can correctly explain the highlighted function in the following screenshot wins the SimplePortal branding free.
Is this still open?
With this function activated, you get to - when promoting threads to the SimplePortal - allocate a sort/display order effectively decided whether this thread should appear above (or grouped with) others, regardless of the date/time of the thread (which the date/time otherwise determines the sort and display order).

Reactions: Dan
Such a shame :( It cannot do both?
Not at this time.
You said earlier today that the RSS feed was an interesting idea ... now I guess not!? Because it is a good idea, and why reinvent the wheel? XF already has feeder to bring RSS automatically into a node/forum, and then SimplePortal just (also) display the content of this forum/node. And if I want to promote an existing thread, we'll I can either do it manually into SimplePortal, or just move the thread into the SimplePortal linked node/forum and it's done too. Gives a whole lot of flexibility and options to the admin.
Still is a great idea and will for sure be looked at in future releases. At some point, we had to have a feature freeze so that we can release it ;)

Is this still open?
With this function activated, you get to - when promoting threads to the SimplePortal - allocate a sort/display order effectively decided whether this thread should appear above (or grouped with) others, regardless of the date/time of the thread (which the date/time otherwise determines the sort and display order).
Winner. It overrides the display order and lists portal items chronologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom