Signup abuse detection and blocking

Signup abuse detection and blocking [Paid] 1.15.6

No permission to buy ($45.00)
No problem, I tried to translate some phrases and noticed they were still marked as 'outdated'.
Hopefully you can fix it in the next release.

If I could afford the entire price I wouldn't ask for a discount. I have no doubts about Xon's skills, I'm just asking if a discount is possible, that's all.

Try uploading the zip again and tell it to overwrite? That is a shared file so, it is possible one of my add-ons has the wrong version :(

Would it be able to implement new criteria based on this add-on such as:

• Is not maked as duplicate account
• Is not using a spam e-mail
• Doesn't match usernames at stopforumspam
etc?

so that we could send a notification (for example) only to those your add-on didn't mark as dupe accounts or similar?

I've seen multiple accounts can be detected by these techniques
  • Standard HTTP cookies
  • Flash Cookies (Local Shared Objects, can optionally be disabled)
  • A locally cached png picture with encrypted content
  • HTTP eTags
  • Web Cache
  • window.name caching
  • userData storage (IE only)
  • HTML5 Session Storage
  • HTML5 Local Storage
  • HTML5 Global Storage (IE only)
  • HTML5 SQLite Database Storage
as in @wmtech 's Sticky Multiple Accounts info add-on, Unfortunately, it supports only for XF 1.x and I have no clue about which techniques use to detect multiple accounts in this add-on. The add-on's overview page does not contain much info about it.
Can you tell me how exactly this works?

Either the Content Spam Check isn't working, or I have a setting wrong....

Default: Moderated
Accept: craigslist.org
Moderate: <blank>
Reject: <blank>

I just got another caught in the Approval Que that included a link to craigslist.org....shouldn't that autoapprove since it's included in the list of Domains that can be accepted??

This add-on just blocks on registrations, but doesn't directly support blocking IP ranges (instead it uses ASNs).

XF already allows IP bans, and preventing signups from discouraged IP ranges

Either the Content Spam Check isn't working, or I have a setting wrong....

Default: Moderated
Accept: craigslist.org
Moderate: <blank>
Reject: <blank>

I just got another caught in the Approval Que that included a link to craigslist.org....shouldn't that autoapprove since it's included in the list of Domains that can be accepted??
I'ld need a copy of the entire content to investigate what is causing it to match. Can you open a ticket and post the bb-code content in a [plain][/plain] block?

Top Bottom