Signup abuse detection and blocking

Signup abuse detection and blocking [Paid] 1.15.6

No permission to buy ($45.00)
As GetIpIntel is already implemented, does this work with CloudFlare?
It would be really useful and powerful to have cloudflare integration so we can ban users in Cloudflare firewall similar to this XF1 addon:

This add-on doesn't push firewall/changes to cloudflare, that is a fairly large step and may be easy to get wrong so I've held off on it

This error occurs when filtering by user. Filtering by email doesn't filter at all.

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column email on relation LogEvent (SV\SignupAbuseBlocking:LogEvent) in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1582
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 595
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 267
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 401
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildConditionFromArray() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 167
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->whereOr() in src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/ControllerPlugin/MultipleAccount.php at line 63
SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\ControllerPlugin\MultipleAccount->multipleAccountList() in src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php at line 41
SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionMultipleAccountList() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

The port_scanner.php script can be hosted where ever you want, if it isn't on another server from your main webserver there isn't any point using it however.

Getting this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined method XF\Entity\User::canViewMultiAccountReport() in src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/Report/MultipleAccount.php on line 22

SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\Report\MultipleAccount->canViewContent() in src/XF/Report/AbstractHandler.php at line 19
XF\Report\AbstractHandler->canView() in src/XF/Entity/Report.php at line 45
XF\Entity\Report->canView() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 320
XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->XF\Mvc\Entity\{closure}()
array_filter() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 189
XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filterViewable() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 291
XF\Pub\App->updateModeratorCaches() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 190
XF\Pub\App->start() in src/XF/App.php at line 2180
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Xon updated Signup abuse detection and blocking with a new update entry:

1.6.4 - Maintainance update

• Improve onboarding process by hooking XF's periodic 'keep-alive' beacons, and checking that the tracking cookie is set
  • Improve reliability of tracking multiple accounts in some cases
  • Fix "Add to group"/"Reject" direct rules not working for multi-account actioning on registration
  • Fix "Do not save users rejected on signup" option with XF2.1.6+

Read the rest of this update entry...

On another note, have you considered adding a feature to lookup (and then block) disposable email addresses?

https://open.kickbox.io/ for example provides a free API via URL which reports back if an email address is disposable or not.

I just tested with about 10 disposable email providers and it picked up every single one.

Even if a paid plan is forced, $5 for verification of 500 email addresses goes a long way on most forums.

Hey @Xon,

Are you aware that apility.io has been accquired by Auth0, which will no doubt impact some configuration settings in this plugin.

In particular GeoIP and AS Number Blocking.

See announcement here: https://auth0.com/blog/new-ways-to-combat-automated-attacks-auth0-signals/

and banner on apility's site suggests the service will be retired in not so distant future.

View attachment 224709
The free replacement service doesn't look to be a full replacement, and I haven't looked into the paid offerings.

On another note, have you considered adding a feature to lookup (and then block) disposable email addresses?

https://open.kickbox.io/ for example provides a free API via URL which reports back if an email address is disposable or not.

I just tested with about 10 disposable email providers and it picked up every single one.

Even if a paid plan is forced, $5 for verification of 500 email addresses goes a long way on most forums.
Haven't really looked into it. Mostly due to a lack of time

No worries at all. First time I looked at all the settings I was like "WOAH!".. overwhelming but stacks of options there.

I'm going to run without that paid option at the moment (in case in the future it's ever removed), and see how I go :)

Reactions: Xon
Is there some a variable I can reference on register_form to display a box when a VPN is detected?
No, at the moment the ASN detection (aka detecting VPN access) only happens when they try to register not on the form itself.

Top Bottom