Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
@Bob - for one of my categories I need a single file attachment for every item (no image, but one epub or pdf file). Showcase custom fields are textfields or option fields for example. Can I use the XF upload system? And how could I do this with Showcase? Thanks!
I added functionality in SC 2.5.3 for uploading files (other than images). Read through this implemented suggestion thread: https://xenaddons.com/threads/other-file-types-upload-file-attachments.1222/

Hi,

I could be interested in this addon in order to move all my contents from wordpress to xenforo.
There's some importer WP-->Shocase bundled ? If not I think that the other chance could be an importer from WP to Xenforo. In this case how I should setup the target forum in order to let it to be read and managed by Showcase ?

Hi,

I could be interested in this addon in order to move all my contents from wordpress to xenforo.
There's some importer WP-->Shocase bundled ? If not I think that the other chance could be an importer from WP to Xenforo. In this case how I should setup the target forum in order to let it to be read and managed by Showcase ?
I personally have not developed any WP to Showcase or AMS importers, however, I am aware that at least one has been developed for WP to my Article Management System addon. Both SC and AMS have functions to convert Threads to Items/Articles so if you can get the content from WP into XF, you are set. If you want to discuss this further, just start a convo with me when you have some time :)

Can I see examples of the News View and News View II ?
yes, right on the Showcase Home page of the Demo.

SC Home is currently set up on Modular Layout (which means you can display items from categories in various layouts).

The first category (Aquariums) is using news view with 2 Headlines (headlines display in article view). News View is responsive container layout based on the number of container per row at each responsive break point.

The 2nd category (Muscle Cars) is using News View II with 3 headlines.

The 3rd category (Sports Cars) is using Grid View (from XFMG).

The 4th category (Test Category) is using List View (from XFRM)

Each layout has several options that effect how the layout looks and what data is displayed.

If anyone would care to share their showcase setup I would appreciate it. I have an idea, not to complex but not simple, and I would love to see if anyone else has gone down that road with this add-on yet.

If anyone would care to share their showcase setup I would appreciate it. I have an idea, not to complex but not simple, and I would love to see if anyone else has gone down that road with this add-on yet.
Sent to you in PM. The addon is very flexible and powerful. On top of a great addon that has endless possibilities it comes with top notch support.

@Bob I am using the add-on install and upgrade add-on, and I know I can't use it to upgrade it since it is a paid add-on, but I am using it to check for updates. There is a problem with the update checking because the version I have installed is 2.6.6 and it says here that the latest version is 2.6.5.

@Bob I am using the add-on install and upgrade add-on, and I know I can't use it to upgrade it since it is a paid add-on, but I am using it to check for updates. There is a problem with the update checking because the version I have installed is 2.6.6 and it says here that the latest version is 2.6.5.
The update process is probably checking the RM on xenforo.com when the latest versions are on Bob's site. I would recommend turning the update notifications for that addon off.

Also, when updating/installing the addon, try to upload the files from the addon first, and then run the update using any auto installers - if using an auto installer.

Last edited:
Bob updated Showcase "Item Management System" (Reviews, Guides, Garage etc) with a new update entry:

2.6.6 Maintenance Release

Maintenance Release Information 2.6.6 (Stable)
  • Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Minor Code Changes
  • Minor Template Changes
  • Minor CSS Changes
New/enhanced features and functionality:
See these tags for information pertaining to SC 2.6.6 (implemented suggestions and bug...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Bob is that possible you do custom job for your add on ?
and possible to create two tab ?
1. For show room, which for user to review condo/apartment (admin preset).
2. For property agent to submit their listing.
3. Custom field for filter search ?
thanks

Top Bottom