Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Hi Bob,

Thinking about purchasing but I have a quick question - I'd like members to be able to tag showcases in XFMG photos and for those photos to show up in the gallery tab of a showcase.

I don't expect this to be possible through UI configuration but coding wise would this be a big job?

Item owners can include an XFMG Album with their showcase item and an images in that XFMG Album will be included in their showcase item gallery. I know that isn't exactly what you asked, just letting you know that there is already some pre existing XFMG integration. As far as others tagging images in XFMG to be included in Showcase, that would be a rather large undertaking. Interesting concept tho.

The XenAddons Winter Holiday's Sale is on now and will continue through Christmas & New Years ending on the 4th of January, 2015.

New Customers & Existing License Holders Specials:
  • All currently available addons are $10.00 off.
    • Showcase is on sale for $39.95, however, after the sale, the standard license cost will be increased to $60.
  • All brand removal licenses are 50% off.
  • SPECIAL OFFER: Pre order an AMS (Article Management System) license for $40 ($60 standard license cost).
    • Release date is sometime 1st quarter 2015
NOTE: For bulk purchases (ordering 3 or more licenses), please contact me prior to purchase for additional discount details.

Existing License Holders Only Specials:
  • Upgrade a license from yearly support/downloads to a lifetime support/downloads for $25.00
    • NOTE: bulk discounts do not apply to this offer
  • Limited Offer: purchase an AMS (Article Management System) early adopter license for $75.
    • early access to AMS (pre release Beta/RC versions)
    • use on 2 domains *Note, you must own the 2 domains and own the XF license*
    • 2 branding removal license
    • 2 years of support/downloads.
    • access to the development site
    • Limited Amount of license available. Contact me for more details.

http://xenaddons.com/threads/tips-tricks-how-tos.156/ Its the very first post in this Sticky Thread in the Support Forum. There is a lot of good information published via Sticky Threads in the support forum.

How do I disable the Showcase Tab on the main navigation bar?

Answer: To hide it via CSS, put the below css into EXTRA.css
HTML:
.navTabs .navTab.showcase
{
    display: none!important;
}

Hi @Bob
I have a website dedicated to collectors or particular stuff. Anyway, I would like to have a showcase where people can show off their collections.

My question is :
  • Do I need Xenforo album resource in order Showcase to work like the demo of yours?
I am a bit confused to understand how xenforo albums resource and the showcase work together and how they work separately.

Do I need Xenforo album resource in order Showcase to work like the demo of yours?
I am a bit confused to understand how xenforo albums resource and the showcase work together and how they work separately.
Showcase does not require any other 3rd or 1st party addons.

I DO have built in integration for XFMG, but it is NOT required. Showcase has its OWN Image Gallery. The XFMG integration simply allows images located within a given XFMG Album to be included within a showcase gallery.

The DEMO only has 2 or 3 items with XFMG integration and it clearly displays in the showcase gallery whether or not the gallery contains images for XFMG or not.

I have bought the plugin just few hours ago. As a new XF user, I was scared an thought it might take ages for me to set it up.
But no.
It took me 30 minutes to figure out exactly how it works. Author is amazing! I can´t wait to show my members new features!
Thanks so much.

Reactions: Bob
Hello Showcase users.

I would just like to ask a quick question. Has any of you managed to noindex showcase items? I do not think I want my showcase items to be indexed via search engines, because they are not going to contain much content, just images. So I would like noindex them.
I have tried to use Advanced NoIndex by @******* but it does not help with noindexing.

@Mouth that should block robots from crawling I guess, but the pages will still appear in the search with something like "description unavailable...blocket by robots.txt, right? I just do not want pages to get indexed, and put the noidex tag.

I have pages blocked by robots.txt which are indexed and they appear in search engine with a description that they are blocked with robots.txt
I want them deindexed entirely.

I have pages blocked by robots.txt which are indexed and they appear in search engine with a description that they are blocked with robots.txt
I want them deindexed entirely.
Which search engine?
If it's not honouring robots.txt, then highly unlikely it will honour noindex on url's.

Its in Google @Mouth. Not sure if its there to stay or permanently, but I would love to hear what others think.
From the SEO point of view noindex,nofollow would do better job than the robots.txt in my opinion. Anyway, if you go to the Bob´s site he posted there how this can be done.

I bought both resource manager and showcase. Now I would like to allow my users to show extracts of books (cover + HTML text + PDF).

As far as I can see I can realize this with both addons and I really don't know which one I should choose. What would you say is the advantage of showcase in my special case or in general vs. RM?

Thank you, rhodes

I bought both resource manager and showcase. Now I would like to allow my users to show extracts of books (cover + HTML text + PDF).

As far as I can see I can realize this with both addons and I really don't know which one I should choose. What would you say is the advantage of showcase in my special case or in general vs. RM?

Thank you, rhodes
Showcase is for showcasing...Resource Manager is for....ummm...not sure many people who have bought a license have found a use for it except for allowing resources to be downloaded.

Thank you, rhodes

Showcase only allows image file types to be uploaded for use in its own image gallery, so you'd need to use the RM if you need/want to upload PDF's. If you are just linking to PDF's, then both addons will work.

Both addons have a lot of similar base functionalities like Nested Set Categories with full category permissions, Rating/Reviews, Custom Fields, Prefixes, List Sorting/Filtering etc, however, where it starts to differ is that Showcase has enhanced/expanded functionality to all of those base functionalities (and more features & functionality that the RM doesn't have). For example, the RM has one layout for everything. Showcase has multiple layouts (List, Grid, Article, Modular Sliders) that can be set for every page. You can have Category A using list view layout and Category B using Article layout and Category C using Grid View while Showcase home is Using Modular Sliders. There are 100's of different configurations that you can do with showcase out of the box with nothing more than setting showcase options and showcase category options.

The biggest difference is that Showcase can do things out of the box that would take A LOT of time and effort to pull off with the RM (and I am not talking about CSS/template tweaks, I am talking 100's of hours of programming). Its really up to you to decide what features you need and how much customization you can and are willing to put into it yourself or hire someone else to do it for you.

Top Bottom