Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Hmmm, not sure which method I prefer. I don't think I like having them leave the showcase page to comment.

You aren't technically leaving the page.

Either way, it is an option.

asdfasfg.webp

At xFS, we have it off. Once I get AWBM upgraded, I will still have it on.

Hmmm, not sure which method I prefer. I don't think I like having them leave the showcase page to comment.

The comments system is still fully functional and in place. You don't have to enabled the discussion threads. Both are optional, per category. You can have categories with comments, categories with comments and discussion, categories with just discussions and categories with neither. I did it this way to give Administrators options instead of forcing everyone to only have a single way of doing things.

The comments system is still fully functional and in place. You don't have to enabled the discussion threads. Both are optional, per category. You can have categories with comments, categories with comments and discussion, categories with just discussions and categories with neither. I did it this way to give Administrators options instead of forcing everyone to only have a single way of doing things.

Gotcha

Oh okay hmm.

I noticed that in the showcase section, there is no pagination for the most recent section on the index.

Could you please consider adding one? It's not instinctive to me that to see past showcase items, I would have to click on the categories sidebar.

bobster65 updated [NFLJ] Showcase with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Stable

• Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Minor/Major Template Changes
  • Minor/Major CSS Changes
  • Added new functionality 'Star Ratings in Google search results'
  • Added new functionality 'Discussion Thread integration'
  • Added new functionality 'Create Item as Draft'
  • Added new functionality 'Nested Set Model for categories'
  • Added new Moderator Permission 'Manage Thread Association'
  • Added new Category option 'Enable Comments System'
  • Added new Category option...

Read the rest of this update entry...

dang sites down for maintenance lol, was hoping to grab the new copy :D

edit: nevermind i spoke too soon :)

btw, in case someone asks.... YES, you can associate a new or existing thread with an existing showcase item. You need to have the Moderator Permission "Manage Thread Association". Edit the item and enter the thread ID and hit save. IF the thread exists and isn't already associated with another showcase item, it will save. If not, it will throw one of 2 errors (That it doesn't exist or is already associated with another item).

Im assuming the stars will show up in Google prolly in a couple days etc or should they show up instantly? Sorry for newb ?'s :P

Im assuming the stars will show up in Google prolly in a couple days etc or should they show up instantly? Sorry for newb ?'s :p

They will start showing up once your current items are reindexed. I don't even do any SEO stuff and it was 2 days from when I installed to having ratings showup in search results (not all mind you, but the first ones). Nick's started to showup within 2 or 3 days as well.

You should create a similar social groups addon, since this is almost just that :D This alone is way better than the social group addons currently available on XF!

Top Bottom