Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Another question: Can I use showcase for multiple different "frontend databases"? Sadly Resource Manager is not able handle this. But maybe showcase? I don't need a real new instance.
No. You can only install a given addon ONCE. The addon itself would need to build in some sort of simulated "instance" functionality. The closest one that I've seen that attempted to do something like this was XenReviews (NOTE: XenReviews is still in development). There is also an addon that attempts to turn the XFRM into Multi Instance, however, I have no idea if this works as designed or not (you'd need to research that on your own).

I'll be looking into Multi Instance functionality for XF 2.0 versions of Showcase, but won't be for XF 1.x versions.

Discussion Thread Integration: You can set (per category) whether to auto create threads for new items.
Hi, what is in these auto created threads? Do they have snippets of the article and a link back to it on Showcase? Also do these threads show up under "New Posts"? Thanks. :)

Also, is it possible to place pictures inbetween paragraphs when writing an article?

Last edited:
Is it possible to move entire threads from the normal forum into Showcase?

I've tried copy and pasting the first post, which works ok, but then when I try to move all the replies from the normal thread into the article on showcase it changes the author of the thread to the name on the second post?

For future reference, official support for this licensed addon is handled at the Support Site for those with a current support agreement. I can't verify that a user is licensed/have current support here, so in order to receive official support, license holders need use the support site. I use this thread only for pre sales questions.

Is it possible to move entire threads from the normal forum into Showcase?
Showcase has the ability to COVERT Threads to Showcase Items. This is a permissions based function. If you edit one of your users groups and look at the Forum Moderator Permissions, you will see one that say's 'Showcase: Convert Thread to Showcase:' . The reason for the permission being with the Forum Moderator Permissions is so that it can be set via Individual NODE permissions on a forum by forum basis.

Selection_144.webp

Once the Permission is set, there will be TWO options available (Single Thread Convert or Bulk Thread Convert via inline moderation).

Via Inline Moderation works like this. Select the threads you want to convert, then choose the action 'Convert Threads to Showcase...'
Selection_145.webp

An overlay with a Category Chooser will then display allowing you to select the Showcase Category to create the Items in.
Selection_146.webp

The Showcase Items will be created based on the first post of the discussion thread (to include attachments). The existing thread will then be associated to the Showcase Item

For SINGLE thread convert, just use the Convert Thread to Showcase tool via Thread Tools (must have the above permission still set however).

Selection_147.webp

Selection_149.webp

I understand that Xen Media Gallery is not required for Showcase to function. However, does everything still run as it should? Can users upload images/etc? In other words, without Xen Media Gallery, will any functionality be missing? thanks.

Can users upload images/etc?
Yes. This is a core part of the addon. It uses the core XF attachment system (enhanced with more functionality).

In other words, without Xen Media Gallery, will any functionality be missing? thanks.
No, there is no core functionality that requires XFMG. The XFMG integration simple allows users that have XFMG Albums to easily integrate those image with a showcase item. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for your prompt answers. One last question. I've been told showcase can be used as a review system. Is it possible to use it BOTH as a Showcase (for cars for example), and also as a review system for products? Possibly via 2 different tabs or categories? Thanks.

Is it possible to use it BOTH as a Showcase (for cars for example), and also as a review system for products? Possibly via 2 different tabs or categories? Thanks.
Yes. Categories can be configured differently, have their own permissions, have options overrides etc. The only thing you'd want to do is use a 3rd party addon to add Navigation Tabs and point them to the 2 main categories as Showcase doesn't have anything built in to manage categories as tabs.

Top Bottom