• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show user is online

I've released the latest version.

I created a new thread to kinda keep the two conversations separate (especially since my mod isn't exactly a template modification), and so I can provide better support than fishing around in this thread. You can find that release here.

If you need help with the coded modification, please seek assistance there.

i got this error after following Read me (Im using Beta 4)
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread::_getUserOnlineInfo() in /home/habloud3/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 106

whenever i view a thread :confused:

This all seems pretty straightforward but I must still be doing something wrong. I downloaded and installed the "user online indicator" linked in the first post. That seems to be working fine since I see the word "online" under my avatar.

I then followed the instructions in the text file for altering message_user_online and extra.css but it's still just showing the word "online." It's like it's not even recognizing. Has to be something stupid on my part.

I'm using the Flexile theme if that makes any difference.

This all seems pretty straightforward but I must still be doing something wrong. I downloaded and installed the "user online indicator" linked in the first post. That seems to be working fine since I see the word "online" under my avatar.

I then followed the instructions in the text file for altering message_user_online and extra.css but it's still just showing the word "online." It's like it's not even recognizing. Has to be something stupid on my part.

That's strange. I think you've missed some steps. Can you show me a live example?

The other thread indicated some issues with the Flexile theme.

The other thread indicated some issues with the Flexile theme.

That part of it seems to work fine for me. It does say online for members who are online. Unfortunately she doesn't say specifically what her issues were. I suppose it could be the theme but if so I'd say it has to be a conflict with this add-on and not that one.

Have you done any changes to extra.css? Because .userOnline class has no attributes.

Yeah, I pasted this...

.userOnline
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 10px;
color: @contentBackground;
background: @primaryLight url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
padding: 1px 5px;
margin: -5px;
border: 1px solid @primaryLight;
border-radius: 3px;
border-top-right-radius: 0px;
border-top-left-radius: 0px;
display: block;
float: inherit;
position: relative;
box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
}

.userOnline .firstSpan
{
background-color: @primaryLight;
border-top-right-radius: 3px;
position: absolute;
top: -4px;
right: -1px;
width: 4px;
height: 4px;
}

.userOnline .secondSpan
{
background-color: @primaryLight;
border-top-left-radius: 3px;
top: -4px;
left: -1px;
width: 4px;
height: 4px;
}

Just double checked to make sure it's there.

I think Flexile has some problems with extra.css and it's not loaded up, that's why you don't see any changes.
You should wait for an updated version of Flexile where this bug will be fixed.

You need to use these 3 css classes for v1.1:

userUserOnline
userUserOnlineInvisible
userUserOffline

Here's the code I'm using for online:
Code:
.userUserOnline {
right: 3px;
top: 3px;
height: 6px;
width: 6px;
background-color: #009900;
}

And invisible:
Code:
.userUserOnlineInvisible {
right: 3px;
top: 3px;
height: 6px;
width: 6px;
background-color: #CC0000;
}

That's really strange. I've done the changes to EXTRA.css but they doesn't load. Don't know where the problem is.

That's really strange. I've done the changes to EXTRA.css but they doesn't load. Don't know where the problem is.
Are you using the ribbon or the dot?

If using the dot you need to edit message_user_online to <span class="user{$userStatus.class}"></span>

Are you using the ribbon or the dot?

If using the dot you need to edit message_user_online to <span class="user{$userStatus.class}"></span>
I'm using the ribbon, so I've added <span></span> after <span class="user{$userStatus.class}">
Then I opened EXTRA.css template, made all the changes but it doesn't work.

Whipser.
And I've made changes to EXTRA.css of Default style, when the Whisper is the child of the Default.
I've checked the css, it loads, but I don't know why the rules doesn't apply.

Top Bottom