• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show user is online

This thread started out as a template modification but then Arik coded the add-on which is in the add-on forum.

Essentially this thread is related to css styling of the add-on so although they are linked, they are two different threads.

I thought if it was in one thread since both are related to the exact thing, it will help others that come at a later time to install this add-on.

Working now; did the "look" of the wrapper change or is that incorrect? Looks like it's not showing the little corner things (isn't that good terminology? :p) that make it look like it's wrapping around.

View attachment 7684
Thanks for your help so far...!

Slightly outside of the realm of my experience. CSS is like the cute girl standing at the bar. I've studied her, so I know what she likes, but I've never really figured her out enough to go up and talk to her. :)

Well normally it would all be in the add-on thread but this thread was posted first in anticipation of the add-on so it was done in a slightly non-standard way.

The 2 threads can't be merged as they would be merged on post date and really wouldn't make much sense.

I thought if it was in one thread since both are related to the exact thing, it will help others that come at a later time to install this add-on.

Unfortunately, when they were both in one thread, there were two separate conversations going on, which made it very difficult to follow.

This way, troubleshooting related to my mod is in one thread, and display issues related to template edits can sit over here. There's not really a great solution to the problem.

Slightly outside of the realm of my experience. CSS is like the cute girl standing at the bar. I've studied her, so I know what she likes, but I've never really figured her out enough to go up and talk to her. :)
Haha; I'll wait for CyberAP to come in and make his advance on the girl then. :P

Haha; I'll wait for CyberAP to come in and make his advance on the girl then. :p

I saw her first!

Change message_user_online to this:

HTML:
<span class="user{$userStatus.class}"><span class="firstSpan"></span><span class="secondSpan"></span>{$userStatus.text}</span>

You don't have your template and css defined correctly, Arik posted the css on the previous page and the template code just above.

Change the message_user_online template to this:
Code:
<span class="user{$userStatus.class}"><span class="firstSpan"></span><span class="secondSpan"></span>{$userStatus.text}</span>

Put this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.userUserOnline, .userUserOnlineInvisible
    {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 10px;
        color: @contentBackground;
        background: @primaryLight url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
        padding: 1px 5px;
        margin: -5px;
        border: 1px solid @primaryLight;
        border-radius: 3px;
        border-top-right-radius: 0px;
        border-top-left-radius: 0px;
        display: block;
        float: inherit;
        position: relative;
        box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    }

.userUserOnline .firstSpan, .userUserOnlineInvisible .firstSpan
        {
            background-color: @primaryLight;
            border-top-right-radius: 3px;
            position: absolute;
            top: -4px;
            right: -1px;
            width: 4px;
            height: 4px;
        }

.userUserOnline .secondSpan, .userUserOnlineInvisible .secondSpan
        {
            border-top-left-radius: 3px;
            left: -1px;
        }

.userUserOffline {display: none;}

You don't have your template and css defined correctly, Arik posted the css on the previous page and the template code just above.

Change the message_user_online template to this:
Code:

Put this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.userUserOnline, .userUserOnlineInvisible
    {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 10px;
        color: @contentBackground;
        background: @primaryLight url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
        padding: 1px 5px;
        margin: -5px;
        border: 1px solid @primaryLight;
        border-radius: 3px;
        border-top-right-radius: 0px;
        border-top-left-radius: 0px;
        display: block;
        float: inherit;
        position: relative;
        box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    }

.userUserOnline .firstSpan, .userUserOnlineInvisible .firstSpan
        {
            border-top-right-radius: 3px;
            right: -1px;
        }

.userUserOnline .secondSpan, .userUserOnlineInvisible .secondSpan
        {
            border-top-left-radius: 3px;
            left: -1px;
        }

.userUserOffline {display: none;}
You're the man Brogan!

You would just need to edit the appropriate CSS. I can't check at the moment as I'm on the M4.
(posted from my Dell Streak :D)

Ah alright, i hope all those major things will be included on the next update!

When you get back home if you have time post how-to do it!
Thanks ^^

right, so far so good!
it works on post bin!

how can you make it work on pop up card, profile page and conversations...?

Conversations were something I was going to handle in the next version. I explicitly excluded them in the plugin in order to get it released. Hasn't been a loud need for it yet...
smile.png

I haven't looked into the work needed to display it on the Cards and Profile Pages. I can't imagine the logic to power it would be difficult to do, but I don't know that the appropriate template hooks exist to further automate the display. And I'm currently at work, (shh! Don't tell anyone here!) so I won't be able to look at that until later.

Conversations were something I was going to handle in the next version. I explicitly excluded them in the plugin in order to get it released. Hasn't been a loud need for it yet...:)

I haven't looked into the work needed to display it on the Cards and Profile Pages. I can't imagine the logic to power it would be difficult to do, but I don't know that the appropriate template hooks exist to further automate the display. And I'm currently at work, (shh! Don't tell anyone here!) so I won't be able to look at that until later.

Having it on the profile would be very nice. IMO, having it on the member card isn't really necessary. But that's just me.

It is always a plus having more options...the more options you have the more flexible is the mod/software so everyone will be happy ^^

Top Bottom