• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show user is online

Hmm, I don't know what is going on but I'm not showing as Online. :(

Are those three posts in the same thread where you're showing offline/online? Can you help me debug that a bit? I need you to add the following line to your message_user_info template under the "online" indicator and let me know what each says:

Code:
{$message.view_date}

When uploading the XML file I get a "Please enter a valid callback method." Error?

Possible. I uninstalled/reinstalled it prior to sharing it, though. Could you attach your copy of the XML file here for me to review?

Would it be possible for you to create a new thread for your online_status that way your post is not buried within a thread as it's a little confusing plus new members to the site will most probably miss this after they read the first post in this thread. Thanks for your efforts. :)

I believed that the idea was to update the first post with the relevant information. My only hesitation in doing that is that is that my hack is useless without the rest of the contents of this thread. That said, I'm not sure this is a template mod thread anymore...:)

Upload the files first, then install the add on. ;)

I could've sworn I uploaded the files .. weird i couldnt find them. doing that again. i might have uploaded them to the wrong directory before

yes i actually uploaded them to the wrong place :D

The ribbon doesnt work for me either. I added the {$message.view_date} and it gives me numbers under my nick i assume this is the session time stamp? the other users since they are offline do not show anything under their nicks.

The ribbon doesnt work for me either. I added the {$message.view_date} and it gives me numbers under my nick i assume this is the session time stamp? the other users since they are offline do not show anything under their nicks.

Did you apply one of the template hacks from earlier in the thread?

This thread is all kinds of messed up. I have no clue what is what, who is where, and what is going on.

If there have been any changes, it would be best to edit the original post. As this is getting confusing and mind numbing.

This thread is all kinds of messed up. I have no clue what is what, who is where, and what is going on.

If there have been any changes, it would be best to edit the original post. As this is getting confusing and mind numbing.
The hack is under test. When we'll have a stable version I update the first post with all the instructions/hacks/screenshots.

Are those three posts in the same thread where you're showing offline/online? Can you help me debug that a bit? I need you to add the following line to your message_user_info template under the "online" indicator and let me know what each says:

Code:
{$message.view_date}
The result:
bugreport.webp

I applied the edits in your post. The template edit as well as the file edit. Is there anything else i'm supposed to do?

If you did the edits in my first post, please also do the css edit from the first post (message_user_info.css).

I completely agree. :D Sorry about that.

That's interesting. You have the correct information within member_info template, it's just not rendering the online tag. I'm a tad late for work right now, but I'll take a second look later.

In the meantime, am I looking at three posts in one thread?

That's interesting. You have the correct information within member_info template, it's just not rendering the online tag. I'm a tad late for work right now, but I'll take a second look later.

Yes.

First post updated. It's not so confusing now :)

If you did the edits in my first post, please also do the css edit from the first post (message_user_info.css).

I completely agree. :D Sorry about that.

I did the css edits. That was the first thing I did. It showed for all users at first. Then applied your addon and file edit as well as the template edit. I'm getting the same

i test ..

Edit: don't work, nothing show.

Just for be sure, i add this (in Thread.php, lign 105):
Code:
$this->_getUserOnlineInfo($post);
Before:
Code:
if ($firstUnreadPostId)

Same as the others, uploaded the files, installed the mod, edited the html and thread.php - nothing showing/

Hmm...sorry. This may be why I shouldn't write out long explanations while I'm tired...

I'll update my instructions, but find this:

PHP:
if (!$firstUnreadPostId && $post['isNew'])
            {
                $firstUnreadPostId = $post['post_id'];
            }

And make the code edit directly under it. Should still be within the foreach block. Looks like this:

PHP:
            {
            }

}

if ($firstUnreadPostId)

Hmm...sorry. This may be why I shouldn't write out long explanations while I'm tired...

I'll update my instructions, but find this:

PHP:
            {
            }

And make the code edit directly under it. Should still be within the foreach block. Looks like this:

PHP:
            {
            }

}

if ($firstUnreadPostId)
ha yes, work perfectly now !

Thank you Arik :)

Suggestion, in "message_user_info" template, change:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$message.online}"><span class="userOnline"><span></span>Online</span></xen:if>
by
Code:
<xen:if is="{$message.online}"><span class="userOnline"><span></span>Online</span>
<xen:else />
<span class="userOnline"><span></span>Offline</span></xen:if>

online.webp

Top Bottom