Show us your Christmas Tree...

Not putting one up here this year as we will be in NYC until the day before Christmas and then at my dad's for Christmas. In the last 8 years, we've used a tabletop due to active kitties.

I wasn't going to bother with a tree (bah humbug) until I saw this in a local DIY store here in the UK called "B&Q". It's a POP UP tree, yes, it's ready decorated with baubles and comes flat packed. You just pull it up and stick a pole in the middle. Instant result! With added LED lights also from B&Q, a robin on the top (from local garden centre), and the glowing orbs around the bottom are from QVC.

tree.webp

Feel the Christmas spirit! :)

I wasn't going to bother with a tree (bah humbug) until I saw this in a local DIY store here in the UK called "B&Q". It's a POP UP tree, yes, it's ready decorated with baubles and comes flat packed. You just pull it up and stick a pole in the middle. Instant result! With added LED lights also from B&Q, a robin on the top (from local garden centre), and the glowing orbs around the bottom are from QVC.

View attachment 7041

Feel the Christmas spirit! :)

hehehee I like that one :D and what a good idea!

My parents came up to State last night to see the hockey game (I play in the Spartan Brass, which is sort of like the "pep band" for basketball, hockey, and volleyball games) and surprised me with this:

Christmas Tree.webp

:D Look at the little trombone ornament! :P

My parents came up to State last night to see the hockey game (I play in the Spartan Brass, which is sort of like the "pep band" for basketball, hockey, and volleyball games) and surprised me with this:

:D Look at the little trombone ornament! :p

How nice!

View attachment 7069

:D Look at the little trombone ornament! :p

Love the trombone :D

I bought my son a little fiber optics tree for his room too, but not as cute as yours, and no special ornament, dang I feel bad now lol better go get him something special.. wonder if they have "minecraft" ornaments :p

I took this pic last night after I finished decorating the tree. The pic is dark, so I'll try to get another tomorrow during the day as this one really does not do it justice.

tree.webp

Thought I might also include my eagle painting. Some of it's hard to see as I painted it on black velvet.

eagle.webp

Attachments

• eagle.webp
    eagle.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 9
I haven't got a tree up at home yet but I have got a wee ickle fibre optic one up at work, also got the lights up at work although the left side has fallen from the clip, due to the snow and the fact that I'm a total wimp with heights it will have to stay like that.

I'll take a pic of the one at home as soon as he's up.

Attachments

• 2010-12-03 16.36.36.webp
    2010-12-03 16.36.36.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2010-12-03 16.37.30.webp
    2010-12-03 16.37.30.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 18
Peggy, got any more paintings? More pics!
Nope, that is the one and only painting I have ever done. I truly surprised myself with how well it came out, and decided not to try another one and be disappointed.
Sounds silly, but eh...

However, I have been painting my dog over the past few days...... :)

Here is a daytime pic of my tree. I took two, because I wanted you to see a closer-up of the bow that I made for the topper. Unfortunately I can't find my camera, so I'm taking these on my iPhone, which seems to like to take dark pics. :(

top.webp

tree4.webp

Almost every ornament has been handmade, either by myself, a friend, family member, or my son. :)

Top Bottom