Show Us your XF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about our "dark" theme?
http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com

It looks good, good color combo, my only complaint(so far) is the gradient still being used for the category headers and some of the secondary content headers, such as the staff online now, and the last post area. I love the fact that XF uses the transparent images so it allows you to just adjust the color but at certain times it does not look good. I'd consider going some custom gradient images or tweak it a bit.

Also your header in FF 4.0 Win 7 appears to be using 2 different colors, the fixed image on the left is darker than the fluid background on the right. It also appears to be like a couple pixels higher on the left side.

But none-the-less great job so far.

Also your header in FF 4.0 Win 7 appears to be using 2 different colors, the fixed image on the left is darker than the fluid background on the right. It also appears to be like a couple pixels higher on the left side.

But none-the-less great job so far.
Russ I'm using FF 4 on Windoze 7 and I don't see that at all.

Here is mine.. didn't want to share it till I made something out of it, but never mind. Things will happen at their pace, can't keep waiting forever for a grand unveiling. Have a lot of things planned for it, including a nice rich widget for an add-on which is under development.

www.usermobility.com

Good work - nice landing page too!

Here is mine.. didn't want to share it till I made something out of it, but never mind. Things will happen at their pace, can't keep waiting forever for a grand unveiling. Have a lot of things planned for it, including a nice rich widget for an add-on which is under development.

www.usermobility.com
I agree with Ingenious. VERY nice style, simple yet attractive.
I really like the use of brown and green together. The shades of each color that you chose work quite well.
Good job.

Russ, I see the break in IE and FF. With IE, the colors on the left and right of the break seem about the same, but in Firefox the right side seems lighter than the left.

Russ, I see the break in IE and FF. With IE, the colors on the left and right of the break seem about the same, but in Firefox the right side seems lighter than the left.

FWIW I had awful problems matching logos and backgrounds (not on XenForo) when I had a .png image as the logo and something else as the background, as this became unpredictable on different browsers. I note this has a .png logo and a .jpg background image. I'm sure if they were both made the same image format this would fix things.

Edit - I also remember that IE8 on Windows rendered .png images darker for no apparent reason. So you could split a uniform image into two parts, the left one a .png and the right one a .jpg or .gif, and they would not colour match in the browser. Only a tiny difference, but enough to see. I don't know whether this was a system or browser problem specific to me though.

Yeah you definitely need to use the same format, i.e. png logo and png background, or jpg logo and jpg background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom