1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Christmas Tree...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kim, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

We have for many years had a big 7ft tree artificial tree, but it was getting a bit daggy, so decided this year we would get a new one, however I was talked into getting a little one this year.. not sure if I am happy or not yet lol.. but it sure was quick to decorate!!!

I haven't really gotten my Christmas Spirit on yet, hoping to find it somewhere around here soon.... lol

Here is our baby tree, note the very cute Dragonfly ornaments (my fave of course!) that my darling Hubby bought for me a few years ago :D He usually gets all Griswald with the lights outside, but even he is not displaying any signs of that yet this year.

So show off your Decorating efforts, and hopefully that will kick me into the mood for Christmas :D

xmastree10.jpg

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hey there's nothing wrong with a table top.The first 2 Christmases after my divorce, I had to use a little (smaller than yours) tree purchased from a thrift store. My little guy was a bit disappointed. But 3 yrs ago, the company I work for gave the employees a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart, and the trees were on sale after Christmas for 50% off. I bought a tree using the gift card and had to pay only .75 cents out of pocket. I was so HAPPY!

I have all of our house deco and lights up, but our beautiful pre-lit artificial white tree is still sitting in the livingroom, waiting for some luvin.
    Hopefully Sunday or Monday.

Dragonfly likes this.
  3. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I'm in an already cramped dorm room, so I was going to get one of these (but forgot to grab one when I came back from Thanksgiving break :():
    [​IMG]
    :p (they're Lego trees, if you can't tell--they fit in the average hand :p)

Jethro, Blandt and Dragonfly like this.
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

My son is a lego addict, he would love these.

Trombones13 likes this.
  5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

We don't set up our tree until Christmas Eve (we keep it up until Jan 6th ("old" Christmas day), so you'll need to wait a bit, :p

Boothby and Dragonfly like this.
  6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That is cool that you got the tree you wanted :D After years of a big one, this one does seem kind of small to me lol, but oh well, it does mean I don't have to move a heap of furniture to get it in... (or rather get hubby to move it, hmmm now realising why he wanted a small one! )

Would love to see your one when it is decorated Peggy! :D

LOL Kurt, that is so cute :D

Looking forward to seeing it! :D

Trombones13 likes this.
  7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Is that a tradition in your family Lawrence?

I'm afraid I wouldn't bother if I had to wait that long. I like to enjoy my tree. It'll be up this coming Monday for sure, and it stays up throughout most of January.
    I'm actually running late this year, as we usually put it up on either Thanksgiving or the day after.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

I am not going to put up a tree this year.

But last year:

[​IMG]

^^ yes, smashingmag book on the table :D

[​IMG]

Nix, Peggy and Dragonfly like this.
  9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Beautiful Floris :)

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

very pretty!

11. Floris

Floris Guest

Thank you. My niece helped me clean and tidy up the aparment all day, and then she was motivated to help with the tree, so we ended up with a nice picture and a good tree. Yay .. it was a good christmas. This year .. too much stress. Having a smooth month with no added nonsense to it would help with a healthy start of 2011.

Peggy likes this.
  12. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Going at the Xmas tree farm next week to pick one up.
    Its almost a day event here, family drive into the forest/farm , choose a tree and load it in the trailer.... Drive...
    Will post photos once it's up :)

13. Floris

Floris Guest

iphone + instagr.am those christmas pics for fun effects miko :D

14. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

I was trying to avoid another social app :p Always checking your instagr.am pics on FB... Might have to join the fun

15. Floris

Floris Guest

I am still just clicking left and right to figure out what i like and don't like .. still learning the v4 of the phone - like old computers i just feel the need to poke it until it breaks in order to learn.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

What is instagr.am?

Jo. likes this.
  17. Floris

Floris Guest

You take a picture the normal way, then you either later load that in instagr.am or you take a pic with the instagr.am app. Then you get a square version of it (you can scale first or not) and apply a few pre-set of filter effects.

Most of them are kinda old polaroid styled effects, but they make a fun and unique look/feel to pictures.

This is basically how the app looks when you use it:

[​IMG]

And this is usually how the link looks: http://instagr.am/p/broq/ and how it results ..

Results from some random pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That sounds like a lot of fun Miko :) Please do share a photo here when you get it!

19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

hmmm ok

20. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My Tree This Year :) It's 6ft.

Floris, Dean, Dragonfly and 1 other person like this.