Show us your Christmas Tree...

Kim

We have for many years had a big 7ft tree artificial tree, but it was getting a bit daggy, so decided this year we would get a new one, however I was talked into getting a little one this year.. not sure if I am happy or not yet lol.. but it sure was quick to decorate!!!

I haven't really gotten my Christmas Spirit on yet, hoping to find it somewhere around here soon.... lol

Here is our baby tree, note the very cute Dragonfly ornaments (my fave of course!) that my darling Hubby bought for me a few years ago :D He usually gets all Griswald with the lights outside, but even he is not displaying any signs of that yet this year.

So show off your Decorating efforts, and hopefully that will kick me into the mood for Christmas :D

xmastree10.webp

Hey there's nothing wrong with a table top.The first 2 Christmases after my divorce, I had to use a little (smaller than yours) tree purchased from a thrift store. My little guy was a bit disappointed. But 3 yrs ago, the company I work for gave the employees a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart, and the trees were on sale after Christmas for 50% off. I bought a tree using the gift card and had to pay only .75 cents out of pocket. I was so HAPPY!

I have all of our house deco and lights up, but our beautiful pre-lit artificial white tree is still sitting in the livingroom, waiting for some luvin.
Hopefully Sunday or Monday.

Hey there's nothing wrong with a table top.The first 2 Christmases after my divorce, I had to use a little (smaller than yours) tree purchased from a thrift store. My little guy was a bit disappointed. But 3 yrs ago, the company I work for gave the employees a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart, and the trees were on sale after Christmas for 50% off. I bought a tree using the gift card and had to pay only .75 cents out of pocket. I was so HAPPY!

I have all of our house deco and lights up, but our beautiful pre-lit artificial white tree is still sitting in the livingroom, waiting for some luvin.
Hopefully Sunday or Monday.

That is cool that you got the tree you wanted :D After years of a big one, this one does seem kind of small to me lol, but oh well, it does mean I don't have to move a heap of furniture to get it in... (or rather get hubby to move it, hmmm now realising why he wanted a small one! )

Would love to see your one when it is decorated Peggy! :D

I'm in an already cramped dorm room, so I was going to get one of these (but forgot to grab one when I came back from Thanksgiving break :():

:p (they're Lego trees, if you can't tell--they fit in the average hand :p)

LOL Kurt, that is so cute :D

We don't set up our tree until Christmas Eve (we keep it up until Jan 6th ("old" Christmas day), so you'll need to wait a bit, :p

Looking forward to seeing it! :D

We don't set up our tree until Christmas Eve (we keep it up until Jan 6th ("old" Christmas day), so you'll need to wait a bit, :p
Is that a tradition in your family Lawrence?

I'm afraid I wouldn't bother if I had to wait that long. I like to enjoy my tree. It'll be up this coming Monday for sure, and it stays up throughout most of January.
I'm actually running late this year, as we usually put it up on either Thanksgiving or the day after.

Thank you. My niece helped me clean and tidy up the aparment all day, and then she was motivated to help with the tree, so we ended up with a nice picture and a good tree. Yay .. it was a good christmas. This year .. too much stress. Having a smooth month with no added nonsense to it would help with a healthy start of 2011.

Going at the Xmas tree farm next week to pick one up.
Its almost a day event here, family drive into the forest/farm , choose a tree and load it in the trailer.... Drive...
Will post photos once it's up :)

I am still just clicking left and right to figure out what i like and don't like .. still learning the v4 of the phone - like old computers i just feel the need to poke it until it breaks in order to learn.

You take a picture the normal way, then you either later load that in instagr.am or you take a pic with the instagr.am app. Then you get a square version of it (you can scale first or not) and apply a few pre-set of filter effects.

Most of them are kinda old polaroid styled effects, but they make a fun and unique look/feel to pictures.

This is basically how the app looks when you use it:

Photo%20Nov%2026%2C%2022%2002%2011.jpg

And this is usually how the link looks: http://instagr.am/p/broq/ and how it results ..

Results from some random pictures:

Photo%20Dec%2003%2C%2021%2027%2038.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2030%2C%2017%2017%2050.jpg

be473331ac3aa3fbeefcb6c96b910c7d_10789563.jpg

a1f4a22ad2b6ca84fea4b7cd3b977f38_10756711.jpg

55cb6d4d11e33627d1b5f8632c60e9f8_10662735.jpg

969d95722bf8f58211a7f2eb4f6bb834_10661409.jpg

ba3635e0d3bf49ccbbf838c6ea88460a_7.jpg

f74db08f0a1a42058bcd85330c0f8306_7.jpg

40e9340b83c94fcebd0f9e125bff5ab6_7.jpg

b61ebd27a9ef4df6bd4325170515fce2_7.jpg

Photo%20Dec%2004%2C%205%2028%2014.jpg

Going at the Xmas tree farm next week to pick one up.
Its almost a day event here, family drive into the forest/farm , choose a tree and load it in the trailer.... Drive...
Will post photos once it's up :)

That sounds like a lot of fun Miko :) Please do share a photo here when you get it!

Top Bottom