1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show toolbar for bb code editor

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Phife, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Phife

Phife Member

Hey guys,

Is there ANY option to have the editor display the BBCODES and buttons but not rich text? Like the old vBulletin editor where it looked like this

[​IMG]

My entire community is requesting this. I'm willing to pay if XenForo doesn't support it for a private plugin.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's been the far right corner button for years.

3. Phife

Phife Member

Yeah but that doesn't show you the BBCODE buttons. It looks like this when you click that button.

[​IMG]

Whereas, I'm requesting

[​IMG]

napy8gen and euantor like this.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There's an addon that does that.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

This feature would be great. I hope it makes it into core one of these days.

6. James

James Well-Known Member

@Luke Foreman created an add-on for this. I'm unsure whether it works with 1.2.

7. Phife

Phife Member

8. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

If you don't fear installing an addon for once, here you are:D

Adam Howard and ManOnDaMoon like this.
  9. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Looks like you have done a wonderful job, Cedric. But sorry I won't install any third party add-ons.

10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Yes please.

I never understood why the buttons "needed" to go away when you switch between the normal editor to the raw bb code editor.

Would make it easier to teach people how to use bb code, while allowing them to see what things change as they press buttons.[

11. Adam Howard

Would love it of you upgraded that so it no longer depended on the old TMS, but rather the newer TMS.

12. cclaerhout

It has been done the 26th of June and it looks you liked the release ;) It relies on the XenForo TMC system for XenForo 1.2.x and TMS for XenForo 1.1.x. The only difference is that the reverse mode doesn't work anymore (from bbcode textarea to RTE editor). As far as I remember I wasn't able to fix this even after spending a lot of time on it, so let it be.

13. Adam Howard

It's possible that I clicked "like" and forgot to do anything beyond that.... Was "away" for a while.

Reverse mode?

14. cclaerhout

The reverse mode is forcing the "editor" to start with the MIU editor, then load on demand the RTE editor (and its needed JS files) with Ajax. It was working with MCE3, but doesn't seem to work with Redactor et MCE4. I would need to try again, but I don't have time to waste on this.

Adam Howard likes this.