Show toolbar for bb code editor

Phife

Hey guys,

Is there ANY option to have the editor display the BBCODES and buttons but not rich text? Like the old vBulletin editor where it looked like this

7fe4895304.png

My entire community is requesting this. I'm willing to pay if XenForo doesn't support it for a private plugin.

Upvote 7
Yes please.

I never understood why the buttons "needed" to go away when you switch between the normal editor to the raw bb code editor.

Would make it easier to teach people how to use bb code, while allowing them to see what things change as they press buttons.[

Would love it of you upgraded that so it no longer depended on the old TMS, but rather the newer TMS.
It has been done the 26th of June and it looks you liked the release ;) It relies on the XenForo TMC system for XenForo 1.2.x and TMS for XenForo 1.1.x. The only difference is that the reverse mode doesn't work anymore (from bbcode textarea to RTE editor). As far as I remember I wasn't able to fix this even after spending a lot of time on it, so let it be.

It has been done the 26th of June and it looks you liked the release ;) It relies on the XenForo TMC system for XenForo 1.2.x and TMS for XenForo 1.1.x. The only difference is that the reverse mode doesn't work anymore (from bbcode textarea to RTE editor). As far as I remember I wasn't able to fix this even after spending a lot of time on it, so let it be.

It's possible that I clicked "like" and forgot to do anything beyond that.... Was "away" for a while.

Reverse mode?

Top Bottom