Show Similar Threads On Thread Creation [Paid] [Deleted]

I say about xenforo.com/community/resources/similar-thread-for-xenforo.624/
I don't understand. The add-on you've linked to is the same add-on (minus related threads) as the current one. Why would the developer make the other add-on to work again if it's not his code?

The latest version 1.1.6 is not working for me, there is no any Similar Threads that shown On the thread's title. I'm using XF 1.1.3... :cry:

The latest version 1.1.6 is not working for me, there is no any Similar Threads that shown On the thread's title. I'm using XF 1.1.3... :cry:
Can't reproduce this on a clean installation of neither 1.2 nor 1.1.

Can you please PC me your forum URL?

Not a huge problem but on one of the threads on my forum in the similar threads at the bottom, one of the five is showing as bold or unread which has made some people post in it. This thread was read.

Thanks for this great mod!

I can't seem to get anything to display similar threads at the bottom of a post when Show Threads From All Forums is unchecked. It worked when this was checked. I rebuilt thread info. Maybe I'm missing something? I'm pretty sure there are similar threads within forums.

Edit: I tested by posting a new thread - results from the same forum were displayed under the title when posting, but they were not included at the bottom of the thread after it was posted.

There is no information about permissions in your description of this addon.
Can we have permissions please so that similar threads are only searched for on certain forums and for certain usergroups?

That would really top this off actually... making an excellent add-on phenomenal. Saying that, as it doesn't create any additional queries right now, will permissions then force additional queries on page loads?

It would also be nice to select how many additional threads are shown.

Thanks for this great mod!

I can't seem to get anything to display similar threads at the bottom of a post when Show Threads From All Forums is unchecked. It worked when this was checked. I rebuilt thread info. Maybe I'm missing something? I'm pretty sure there are similar threads within forums.

Edit: I tested by posting a new thread - results from the same forum were displayed under the title when posting, but they were not included at the bottom of the thread after it was posted.
Yep, that's a regression, will address this in the next release.

There is no information about permissions in your description of this addon.
Can we have permissions please so that similar threads are only searched for on certain forums and for certain usergroups?
Sure, will be added to the next release.

Great thanks!

Any chance of getting "stop words" or the opposite, a list of words that should always be matched on? I'm running into an issue where I have different products that are being matched as similar because they have similar words in the titles. Similar thread in this case are threads that are talking about the same product. I don't know if that's something that is easy to add since it's using the stock search system.

I'm running into an issue where I have different products that are being matched as similar because they have similar words in the titles. Similar thread in this case are threads that are talking about the same product.
How common a problem is this ?
Could editing a few titles resolve the majority of the issue ?

Sorry that it took awhile, I was actually planning on adding a couple of requested improvements and features, but I'm too busy at the moment, so it'll have to wait for about 2 weeks.

@Lior.

Does the similar threads at the bottom of the forum use a cache, I think that must be why some threads in it are showing as not read even when they are?

Top Bottom