Show Similar Threads On Thread Creation [Paid] [Deleted]

Will explain it after i check the updated files :D. By the way, is the updated files as same as the link i was purchased? :rolleyes:

For some reason, it doesn't pull the members avatars.

3ww64.png

It's not, I've added an option to show similar threads at the bottom of every thread, as requested by @Deepmartini.

That's fantastic! I've been after this for a LONG time!

Are similar thread results cached when they're shown at the bottom of a thread? If not, this will add a lot of server load for large forums. If it can cache the results for each thread (and rebuild them in the Admin CP when required), that would be amazing :D. Perhaps the IDs of the 5 similar threads could be stored for each existing thread.

I hope this is already the case as I'll buy it ASAP :).

That's fantastic! I've been after this for a LONG time!

Are similar thread results cached when they're shown at the bottom of a thread? If not, this will add a lot of server load for large forums. If it can cache the results for each thread (and rebuild them in the Admin CP when required), that would be amazing :D. Perhaps the IDs of the 5 similar threads could be stored for each existing thread.

I hope this is already the case as I'll buy it ASAP :).
I've just released a new version which incorporates similar threads caching.

Perhaps this sounds silly given the title, but is it possible to disable the option of showing similar threads when creating a new thread - I'm just after having this show similar threads at the bottom of existing threads :)

just tried it on 1.1.3 1.1.5 and Rebuild Thread Information stops directly with an error...nothing in logs

more serious: thread creation is broken, when you click on 'create thread' simply nothing happens until this addon is disabled

Last edited:
just tried it on 1.1.3 and Rebuild Thread Information stops directly with an error...nothing in logs

more serious: thread creation is broken, when you click on 'create thread' simply nothing happens until this addon is disabled
Working fine on my installation, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Could you please provide some more info about the errors?

I didn't see this appeared was well even have set it up in the option! :(
This is a back-end update. Similar threads at the bottom of threads are now cached, and not fetched in real time, in order to improve performance.

Top Bottom