Show Similar Threads On Thread Creation [Paid] [Deleted]

Lior.

Lior. submitted a new resource:

Show Similar Threads On Thread Creation - Show a list of similar threads when typing the title of a new thread.

This add-on shows a list of similar threads as you type the title of a new thread using XenForo's internal search (whether you use the MySQL search or Elastic Search).

Installation:
  1. Upload the contents of the upload folder to your XenForo installation directory.
  2. Import addon-ShowSimilarThreads.xml via your Admin Control Panel.
  3. Optionally modify the add-on's options, located in the Admin Control Panel's options section.
There are currently 2 available options:...

Read more about this resource...

Oh my god, I asked for this so long ago. I'm so happy that someone finally came out with it.

Now I just gotta wait for a stable release of 1.2, and I'm all over this.

Thanks!

This looks nice! The relevance is based in the title only right?
Also if it is possible, to make it only list the titles like the other add on (that works badly) instead the thread list to save space? :)

Is this able to be used with an addon that will show related threads at the bottom of posts? That would be useful as someone is reading a thread and at the bottom it says "Related threads similar to this thread". I haven't found an addon that can do this yet.

Does this work with 1.2 yet?

When it was submitted, it said you had to have 1.2. It doesn't anymore, but I'm guessing it still works for it.

Edit: Demo video, he is using 1.2

Edit2: Just bought it through Paypal, but it didn't send it to my Email nor did it have a download link. Not sure what to think about that lol

When it was submitted, it said you had to have 1.2. It doesn't anymore, but I'm guessing it still works for it.

Edit: Demo video, he is using 1.2

Edit2: Just bought it through Paypal, but it didn't send it to my Email nor did it have a download link. Not sure what to think about that lol
It works with 1.2, and the link will be sent to you soon. It's not sent automatically (yet).

Last edited:
@Rain man, @JABRONI, sorry about that, haven't setup automatic sending yet. Just sent it to you.

The add-on no longer requires 1.2, it support 1.1.

This looks nice! The relevance is based in the title only right?
Also if it is possible, to make it only list the titles like the other add on (that works badly) instead the thread list to save space? :)
That's correct, similar threads are matched by the title only.

As for showing only the titles, sure, I've added it as an option. Also attached a screenshot of this alternative look.
Is it work with XF ver 1.1.3 and is it required my host to enable mbstring like this one?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/check-for-similar-thread-before-posting-a-new-one.619/

If it is still working with all above requirements, i will purchase it. Thanks!
Yes, it does support 1.1.3, and it doesn't require mbstring.

Even though i still find it a bit big, better to display the thread tittle only... :)
Well, the Minimal Info option does display only the title, so I'm not sure what you mean.
3-png.50766

Top Bottom